Cloud computing technology selection based on interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy MCDM methods
- 61 Downloads
Cloud computing technology (CCT) can bring considerable advantages to businesses and people by taking over many time-wasting technicalities, such as establishing communications infrastructure, thus adding value. CCT is revolutionizing every industry by allowing all types of organizations to buy a service instead of owning with flexible rates. An objective of this study is to identify a set of relevant decision criteria and their subcriteria needed in the evaluation of the CCT provider selection (PS) problem. Another objective is to provide a powerful integrated framework that can be used for the evaluation and selection of the most appropriate CCT provider and then to apply this proposed approach in a real case study. CCT PS is a complex multi-criteria decision problem that involves a number of qualitative and quantitative parameters that might be conflicting, or even ambiguous. Interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy (IVIF) set is an effective concept that is used to cope with uncertainty by taking both the degree of membership and non-membership functions in an interval. Therefore, this paper proposes a state-of-the-art novel methodology consisting of IVIF analytic hierarchy process, IVIF complex proportional assessment, IVIF multi-objective optimization by ratio analysis plus the full multiplicative form, IVIF technique for order of preference by similarity to ideal solution and IVIF višekriterijumsko kompromisno rangiranje methods. This combination aims to rank available CCT PS alternatives in the presence of imprecise and vague information.
KeywordsCloud computing technology (CCT) Provider selection (PS) CCT criteria identification Multi-criteria decision making (MCDM) Interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy (IVIF)
The authors are grateful to the Editor and anonymous reviewers for their comments, which have helped to improve the paper. The authors kindly express their appreciation for the support of industrial experts. This research has received financial support of Galatasaray University Research Fund (Projects Nos: 17.402.009 and 18.402.001).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
Authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Bathla P, Vashist S (2014) SLA aware cost based service ranking in cloud computing. Int J Appl or Innov Eng Manag 3:257–268Google Scholar
- Büyüközkan G, Gocer F (2017) An intuitionistic fuzzy MCDM approach for effective hazardous waste management. In: Kahraman C, Sari IU (eds) Intelligence systems in environmental management: theory and applications. Springer, Cham, pp 21–40. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42993-9_2 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Büyüközkan G, Göçer F (2018) Smart medical device selection based on interval valued intuitionistic fuzzy VIKOR. In: Kacprzyk J, Szmidt E, Zadrożny S et al (eds) Advances in intelligent systems and computing (proceedings of: EUSFLAT- 2017). Springer, Cham, pp 306–317Google Scholar
- Büyüközkan G, Göçer F, Feyzioğlu O (2018) Cloud computing technology selection based on interval valued intuitionistic fuzzy COPRAS. In: Kacprzyk J, Szmidt E, Zadrożny S et al (eds) Advances in intelligent systems and computing (proceedings of: EUSFLAT- 2017). Springer, Cham, pp 318–329Google Scholar
- Ceballos B, Lamata MT, Pelta DA, Yager RR (2018) Crisp vs. fuzzy data in multicriteria decision making: the case of the VIKOR method. In: Kacprzyk J, Szmidt E, Zadrożny S et al (eds) Advances in intelligent systems and computing (proceedings of: EUSFLAT- 2017). Springer, Cham, pp 455–465Google Scholar
- Godse M, Mulik S (2009) An approach for selecting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product. In: CLOUD 2009–2009 International Conference on Cloud Computing, pp 155–158. https://doi.org/10.1109/CLOUD.2009.74
- Jatoth C, Gangadharan GR, Fiore U, Buyya R (2018) SELCLOUD: a hybrid multi-criteria decision-making model for selection of cloud services. Soft Comput. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3120-2
- Karim R, Ding C, Miri a (2013) An end-to-end QoS mapping approach for cloud service selection. In: Serv (SERVICES), 2013 IEEE Ninth World Congress, pp 341–348. https://doi.org/10.1109/SERVICES.2013.71
- Menzel M, Ranjan R (2012) CloudGenius? Decision support for web server cloud migration categories and subject descriptors. In: WWW 2012—Session Web Eng, vol 2, pp 979–988. https://doi.org/10.1145/2187836.2187967
- Onar SC, Oztaysi B, Kahraman C (2018) Multicriteria evaluation of cloud service providers using pythagorean fuzzy TOPSIS. J Mult Log SOFT Comput 30:263–283Google Scholar
- Opricovic S (1998) Multicriteria optimization of civil engineering systems. Faculty of Civil Engineering, BelgradeGoogle Scholar
- Xu Z, Cai X (2012) Intuitionistic Fuzzy Information Aggregation. In: Intuitionistic fuzzy information aggregation. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 1–102. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-29584-3_1
- Zavadskas EK, Kaklauskas A, Sarka V (1994) The new method of multicriteria complex proportional assessment of projects. Technol Econ Dev Econ 1:131–139Google Scholar
- Zhao H, You JX, Liu HC (2016) Failure mode and effect analysis using MULTIMOORA method with continuous weighted entropy under interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy environment. Soft Comput. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-016-2118-x