Weibull statistical modeling for textured image retrieval using nonsubsampled contourlet transform
- 2 Downloads
In this paper, we proposed a new framework for textured image retrieval, which is based on Weibull statistical distribution and nonsubsampled contourlet transform. Firstly, the image is decomposed into one lowpass subband and several highpass subbands by using nonsubsampled contourlet transform (NSCT). Secondly, Weibull probability distribution is employed to describe the statistical characteristics of the highpass NSCT coefficients, and the Weibull model parameters are utilized to construct a compact texture image feature space. Finally, image similarity measurement is accomplished by using closed-form solutions for the Kullback–Leibler divergences between the Weibull statistical models. Experimental results demonstrate the high efficiency of our textured image retrieval scheme, which can provide better retrieval rates and lower computational cost, in comparison with the state-of-the-art approaches recently proposed in the literature.
KeywordsTextured image retrieval Nonsubsampled contourlet transform Weibull statistical model Kullback–Leibler divergences
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant Nos. 61472171, 61272416 and 61701212, Project funded by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation No. 2017M621135, and the Natural Science Foundation of Liaoning Province of China under Grant No. 201602463.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflicts of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
Informed consent was obtained from all individual participants included in the study.
- Amsterdam Library of Textures [Online] (2017) http://staff.science.uva.nl/~aloi/public_alot. Accessed 22 May 2017
- Brodatz Texture Image Database [Online] (2017) http://www.ux.uis.no/~tranden/brodatz.html. Accessed 22 May 2017
- Juan YANG, Yongfu LI, Ronggui WANG, Lixia XUE, Qingyang ZHANG (2016) Texture image retrieval method based on dual-generalized Gaussian model and multi-scale fusion. J Electron Inf Technol 38(11):2856–2863Google Scholar
- Kwitt R, Uhl A (2008) Image similarity measurement by Kullback-Leibler divergences between complex Wavelet subband statistics for texture retrieval. In: Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing (ICIP), San Diego, California, USA, pp 933–936Google Scholar
- Kwitt R, Uhl A (2009) A joint model of complex wavelet coefficients for texture retrieval. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on image processing (ICIP ’09), Cairo, Egypt, pp 1877–1880Google Scholar
- Salzburg Textures [Online] (2017) http://wavelab.at/sources/STex. Accessed 22 May 2017
- Vasconcelos N, Lippman A (1997) Library-based coding: a representation for efficient video compression and retrieval. In: Proceedings of data compression conference (DCC’97), Snowbird, Utah, USA, pp 121–130Google Scholar