Improved clustering algorithm based on high-speed network data stream
- 232 Downloads
With the continuous development of network technology, the attack has become the biggest threat to the stable operation of the network. Intrusion detection technology is a proactive safety protection measure which provides real-time monitoring of internal attacks, external attacks, and misuse. Traditional intrusion detection system is short of adaptability due to the complication and scale of the network. The main problem is that the real-time performance of the network is poor and the reliability is not high. This paper designs the intrusion detection mechanism combined with data stream clustering algorithm and intrusion detection system to solve the problem in processing a large amount of high-speed data streams. The performance of processing data streams is improved through the clustering algorithm based on density and the sliding window and the experiments show that the intrusion detection efficiency is higher than DenStream algorithm.
KeywordsHigh-speed network Intrusion detection Data stream Clustering algorithm
This work was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61373134, 61402234). It was also supported by the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD), Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Meteorological Observation and Information Processing (KDXS1105) and Jiangsu Collaborative Innovation Center on Atmospheric Environment and Equipment Technology (CICAEET). Prof. Ruxia Sun is the corresponding author. We declare that we do not have any conflicts of interest to this work.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest:
Chunyong Yin declares that he has no conflict of interest. Lian Xia declares that she has no conflict of interest. Sun Zhang declares that he has no conflict of interest. Ruxia Sun declares that she has no conflict of interest. Jin Wang declares that he has no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Cai Y, Xie K, Ma X (2004) An improved DBSCAN algorithm which is insensitive to input parameters. Acta Sci Nat Univ Pekin 40(3):480–486Google Scholar
- Chen Z, Zhang H, Hatcher W, Nguyen J Yu W (2016) A streaming-based network monitoring and threat detection system. In: IEEE 14th international conference on software engineering research, management and applications (SERA), pp 31–37Google Scholar
- Cho Y, Moon S (2015) Recommender system using periodicity analysis via mining sequential patterns with time-series and FRAT analysis. J Converg (JoC) 6(1):9–17Google Scholar
- Gao H, Zhu D, Wang X (2011) A parallel clustering ensemble algorithm for intrusion detection system. Ninth Int Symp Distrib Comput Appl Bus Eng Sci 2011:450–453Google Scholar
- Gaur M, Pant B (2015) Trusted and secure clustering in mobile pervasive environment. Hum–cent Comput Inform Sci (HCIS) 5:32Google Scholar
- Keegan N, Ji S, Chaudhary A, Concolato C, Yu B, Jeong D (2016) A survey of cloud-based network intrusion detection analysis. Hum–cent Comput Inform Sci (HCIS) 6:19Google Scholar
- Kranen P, Assent I, Baldauf C, Seidl T (2009) Self-adaptive anytime stream clustering. In: The 9th IEEE international conference on data mininig (ICDM), pp 249–258Google Scholar
- Lee W, Stolfo S, Mok K (1998) Mining audit data to build intrusion detection models. In: International conference on knowledge discovery & data mining, pp 66–72Google Scholar
- Rajput R, Mishra A, Kumar S (2014) Optimize intrusion prevention and minimization of threats for stream data classification. Fourth Int Conf Commun Syst Netw Technol 2014:408–413Google Scholar
- Wang D, Sun J (2010) Research on data mining technology. Stat Decis 2010(7):161–162Google Scholar
- Yin C, Zhang S, Xi J (2016) An improved anonymity model for big data security based on clustering algorithm. Concurr Comput Pract Exp 2016:1–13Google Scholar
- Yin C, Feng L, Ma L, Kim J, Wang J (2016) An effective feature selection and data-stream classification model HDP. J Internet Technol 17(4):695–702Google Scholar
- Zhen J, Hu M, Yun X (2006) Large scale network anomaly discovery based on data flow method. J Commun 27(2):1–8Google Scholar
- Zhu C, Dun X, Zhu L (2011) A study on the application of data stream clustering mining through a sliding and damped window to intrusion detection. Fourth Int Conf Inform Comput 2011:22–26Google Scholar