SAR image edge detection via sparse representation
- 533 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a new synthetic aperture radar (SAR) image detection algorithm based on the de-noising algorithm via the sparse representation and a new morphology edge detector. Firstly, we apply the Shearlet transform to the SAR image to get the sparse representation of it. Then, morphological edge detector with direction is applied to directional sub-band coefficients of the Shearlet which are recovered by the iterative de-noising process. Finally, the completed SAR image edge is obtained by merging each sub-band edge using Dempster–Shafer evidence theory. By completely using the directional sub-bands of the Shearlet transform, the proposed algorithm overcomes the disadvantages of transform detection algorithms which are very unrobust to noise and can also generate inaccurate edges. The experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness and superiority of our proposed algorithm in terms of the edge positioning accuracy, integrity, and the number of false edge points.
KeywordsSAR image edge detection Sparse representation Shearlet Morphology edge detector DS theory
This work was supported in part by Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61401308 and 61572063, Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province under Grant F2016201142 and F2016201187, Natural Social Foundation of Hebei Province under Grant HB15TQ015, Science research project of Hebei Province under Grant QN2016085 and ZC2016040, Science and technology support project of Hebei Province under Grant 15210409, Natural Science Foundation of Hebei University under Grant 2014-303, National Comprehensive Ability Promotion Project of Western and Central China.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that there is no conflict of interests regarding the publication of this paper.
This paper does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Ranjani JJ, Gokila M, Thiruvengadam SJ (2008) Edge detection in speckled sar images with improved roewa. In: ICVGIP ’08, pp 644–649Google Scholar
- Umbaugh SE (2010) Digital image processing and analysis : human and computer vision applications with cviptools, 2nd edn. CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- Wang JZ (2011) Lane detection of multi-visual-features fusion based on d-s theory. In: Proceedings of the 30th Chinese Control Conference (CCC 2011), pp 3047–3052Google Scholar
- Xu YL, Tian S, Li JW (2012) Sar image despeckling based on edge detection and plural pervasion equation in shearlet domain. J Xidian Univ 39(6):166–171Google Scholar
- Yang SB, Peng FY (2008) Multidirectional morphological edge detection algorithm based on alternate filtering. ISTIA 2008:1223–1226Google Scholar
- Zhang YJ, Han QR (2011) Edge detection algorithm based on wavelet transform and mathematical morphology. CASE 2011:1–3Google Scholar
- Zheng YH, Jeon B, Xu DH, Wu QJ, Zhang H (2015) Image segmentation by generalized hierarchical fuzzy C-means algorithm. J Intell Fuzzy Syst 28(2):961–973Google Scholar