Fuzzy topologies generated by fuzzy relations
- 138 Downloads
In this paper, we have introduced and studied fuzzy topologies generated by fuzzy relations. Several related results have been proved. In particular, we have obtained characterizations of a fuzzy topology generated by a fuzzy relation, a fuzzy topology generated by a fuzzy interval order, a preorderable fuzzy topology and an orderable fuzzy topology. We have also introduced and studied fuzzy bitopological spaces generated by fuzzy relations.
KeywordsFuzzy relations Fuzzy topological spaces Fuzzy bitopological spaces Preorderable fuzzy topology Orderable fuzzy topology
The S. Mishra gratefully acknowledges the financial support in the form of scholarship, given by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi (Award No. 09/013(0544)/2014-EMR-I), and Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The R. Srivastava has no conflict of interest.
Human and animal rights
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Campión MJ, Candeal JC, Granero AS, Induráin E (2006) Ordinal representability in Banach spaces. In: Castillo JMF, Johnson WB (Eds.) Methods in Banach space theory, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser., vol. 337, Cambridge Univ. Press, pp 183–196Google Scholar
- Gwét H (2001) Fuzzy utility and non cardinal representation of fuzzy preferences. Health Syst Sci 4:117–132Google Scholar
- Knoblauch V (2009) Topologies defined by binary relations. Department of Economics Working Paper Series, Working Paper 2009-28R, University of ConnecticutGoogle Scholar
- Mishra S, Srivastava R (2016) Representability of fuzzy biorders and fuzzy interval orders. Int J Uncertain Fuzziness Knowl-Based Syst (Accepted)Google Scholar
- Qin B (2014) Fuzzy approximating spaces. J Appl Math: Article ID 405802Google Scholar
- Sali AC, Sali A (2004) Fuzzy weak orders representable by implication operators. In: Computational Cybernetics, ICCC, Vienna, pp 395–397Google Scholar
- Srivastava R (1984) Topics in fuzzy topology. Ph.D. Thesis, Banaras Hindu University, IndiaGoogle Scholar