Verifiable outsourced ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption in cloud computing
- 564 Downloads
In the attribute-based encryption (ABE) systems, users can encrypt and decrypt messages based on their attributes. Because of the flexibility of ABE, it is more and more widely used in various network environments. However, complex functionality of ABE may cause an enormous computational cost. This reason greatly restricts the application of ABE in practice. In order to minimize the local computation of ABE, we introduce the concept of verifiable outsourced ABE system, in which key generation center, encryptor and decryptor, are able to outsource their computing tasks to the corresponding service providers, respectively, to reduce the local load. In addition, they are also able to verify the correctness of outsourcing calculation efficiently by using the outsourcing verification services. This is useful to save local computational resources, especially for mobile devices. Then, we propose a specific verifiable outsourced ABE scheme and prove its adaptive security in the standard model using the dual-system encryption method. Finally, we introduce how to deploy our outsourced CP-ABE scheme in cloud computing environment.
KeywordsCP-ABE Outsourcing Verifiable Cloud computing Adaptively secure
This study was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Numbers 61173139, 61272434, 61502218, 61572294, 61572379), the Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province (Grant Number ZR2013FQ021), Outstanding Young Scientists Foundation Grant of Shandong Province (Grant Number BS2014DX016), the CICAEET fund, the PAPD fund and the Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province of China (Grant Number 2015CFB257).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
- Beimel A (1996) Secure schemes for secret sharing and key distribution. PhD thesis, Israel Institute of Technology, Technion, Haifa, IsraelGoogle Scholar
- Benjamin D, Atallah MJ (2008) Private and cheating-free outsourcing of algebraic computations. In: Sixth annual conference on privacy, security and trust, PST 2008, October 1–3, 2008, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, pp 240–245. doi: 10.1109/PST.2008.12
- Bethencourt J, Sahai A, Waters B (2007) Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. In: 2007 IEEE symposium on security and privacy (S&P 2007), 20–23 May 2007, Oakland, California, USA, pp 321–334. doi: 10.1109/SP.2007.11
- Boneh D, Goh E-J, Nissim K (2005) Evaluating 2-dnf formulas on ciphertexts. In: Proceedings of Theory of cryptography, second theory of cryptography conference, TCC 2005, Cambridge, MA, USA, February 10–12, 2005, pp 325–341. doi: 10.1007/978-3-540-30576-7_18
- Cheung L, Newport C (2007) Provably secure ciphertext policy ABE. In: Proceedings of the 2007 ACM conference on computer and communications security, CCS 2007, Alexandria, Virginia, USA, October 28–31, 2007, pp 456–465. doi: 10.1145/1315245.1315302
- Fu Z, Sun X, Liu Q, Zhou L, Shu J (2015b) Achieving efficient cloud search services: multi-keyword ranked search over encrypted cloud data supporting parallel computing. IEICE Trans 98-B(1): 190–200. http://search.ieice.org/bin/summary.php?id=e98-b_1_190
- Goyal V, Pandey O, Sahai A, Waters B (2006) Attribute-based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypted data. In: Proceedings of the 13th ACM conference on computer and communications security, CCS 2006, Alexandria, VA, USA, October 30–November 3, 2006, pp 89–98. doi: 10.1145/1180405.1180418
- Green M, Hohenberger S, Waters B (2011) Outsourcing the decryption of ABE ciphertexts. In: Proceedings of 20th USENIX security symposium, San Francisco, CA, USA, August 8–12, 2011. http://static.usenix.org/events/sec11/tech/full_papers/Green.pdf
- Lewko A, Waters B (2010) New techniques for dual system encryption and fully secure HIBE with short ciphertexts. In: Proceedings of 7th theory of cryptography conference on theory of cryptography, TCC 2010, Zurich, Switzerland, February 9–11, 2010, pp 455–479. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-11799-2_27
- Lewko A, Waters B (2012) New proof methods for attribute-based encryption: achieving full security through selective techniques. In: Proceedings of 32nd annual cryptology conference on advances in cryptology-CRYPTO 2012, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, August 19–23, 2012, pp 180–198. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-32009-5_12
- Lewko A, Okamoto T, Sahai A, Takashima K, Waters B (2010) Fully secure functional encryption: attribute-based encryption and (hierarchical) inner product encryption. In: Proceedings of advances in cryptology-EUROCRYPT 2010, 29th annual international conference on the theory and applications of cryptographic techniques, French Riviera, May 30–June 3, 2010, pp 62–91. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-13190-5_4
- Li J, Jia C, Li J, Chen X (2012) Outsourcing encryption of attribute-based encryption with mapreduce. In: Proceedings of 14th international conference on information and communications security, ICICS 2012, Hong Kong, China, October 29–31, 2012, pp 191–201. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-34129-8_17
- Ren Y, Shen J, Wang J, Han J, Lee S (2015) Mutual verifiable provable data auditing in public cloud storage. J Internet Technol 16(2):317–324Google Scholar
- Rouselakis Y, Waters B (2015) Efficient statically-secure large-universe multi-authority attribute-based encryption. IACR Cryptol ePrint Arch 2015: 16. http://eprint.iacr.org/2015/016
- Sahai A, Waters B (2005) Fuzzy identity-based encryption. In: Proceedings of advances in cryptology-EUROCRYPT 2005, 24th annual international conference on the theory and applications of cryptographic techniques, Aarhus, Denmark, May 22–26, 2005, pp 457–473. doi: 10.1007/11426639_27
- Shen J, Tan H, Wang J, Wang J, Lee S (2015b) A novel routing protocol providing good transmission reliability in underwater sensor networks. J Internet Technol 16(1):171–178Google Scholar
- Wang H, Zheng Z, Lei W, Wang Y (2015) Adaptively secure outsourcing ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. J Comput Res Dev 52(10):2270–2280Google Scholar
- Waters B (2008) Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption: an expressive, efficient, and provably secure realization. IACR Cryptol ePrint Arch 2008: 290. http://eprint.iacr.org/2008/290
- Waters Brent (2009) Dual system encryption: realizing fully secure IBE and HIBE under simple assumptions. In: Proceedings of 29th annual international cryptology conference on advances in cryptology-CRYPTO 2009, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, August 16–20, 2009, pp 619–636. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-03356-8_36
- Waters B (2011) Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption: an expressive, efficient, and provably secure realization. In Proceedings of public key cryptography-PKC 2011-14th international conference on practice and theory in public key cryptography, Taormina, Italy, March 6–9, 2011, pp 53–70. doi: 10.1007/978-3-642-19379-8_4