A topological duality for monadic MV-algebras
- 77 Downloads
Monadic MV-algebras are an algebraic model of first-order infinite-valued Łukasiewicz logic in which only one propositional variable is considered. In this paper, we determine a topological duality for these algebras following well-known P. Halmos’ and H. Priestley’s dualities.
KeywordsBoolean Algebra Distributive Lattice Algebraic Model Propositional Variable Priestley Space
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest regarding the publication of this paper.
- Chang CC (1958) Algebraic analysis of many valued logics. Trans Am Math Soc 88:476–490Google Scholar
- Figallo Orellano A (2016) A preliminary study of MV-algebras with two quantifiers which commute. Stud Logica. doi: 10.1007/s11225-016-9663-2
- Halmos PR (1962) Algebraic logic. AMS Chelsea Publishing, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Lattanzi M, Petrovich A (2008) A duality for monadic (n+1)-valued MV-algebras. In: Proceedings of the 9th “Dr. Antonio A. R. Monteiro” congress (Spanish), pp 107–117Google Scholar
- Rodriguez Salas AJ (1980) Un estudio algebraico de los Cálculos Proposicionales de Łukasiewicz, Tesis Doctoral, Universidad de BarcelonaGoogle Scholar
- Rutledge JD (1959) A preliminary investigation of the infinitely many-valued predicate calculus. Ph.D. Thesis, Cornell UniversityGoogle Scholar