Infinite Graphic Matroids
- 40 Downloads
We introduce a class of infinite graphic matroids that contains all the motivating examples and satisfies an extension of Tutte’s excluded minors characterisation of finite graphic matroids.We prove that its members can be represented by certain ‘graph-like’ topological spaces previously considered by Thomassen and Vella.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)05B35 05C63
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Bowler and J. Carmesin: An excluded minors method for infinite matroids, Preprint 2012, current version available at arxiv.org/pdf/1212.3939v1.Google Scholar
- N. Bowler and J. Carmesin: An excluded minors method for infinite matroids, J. Combin. Theory Ser. B, to appear. Extended preprint version 2012: available at www.math.uni-hamburg.de/spag/dm/papers/excludedminors v5.pdf.Google Scholar
- N. Bowler and J. Carmesin: Infinite trees of matroids, Preprint 2014, available at arxiv.org/abs/1409.6627.Google Scholar
- N. Bowler, J. Carmesin and R. Christian: Infinite graphic matroids, Preprint 2013, current version available at arxiv.org/abs/1309.3735.Google Scholar
- N. Bowler, J. Carmesin and L. Postle: Reconstruction of infinite matroids from their 3-connected minors, extended online edition, European J. Combin., to appear. Preprint 2016, current version available at arxiv.org/abs/1606.04235.Google Scholar
- R. Christian: Infinite graphs, graph-like spaces and B-matroids, PhD thesis, University of Waterloo, 2010.Google Scholar
- R. Christian, R. B. Richter and B. Rooney: The planarity theorems of MacLane and Whitney for graph-like continua, Electron. J. Combin. 17 (2010), research Paper 12.Google Scholar
- R. Diestel: Locally finite graphs with ends: a topological approach, Hamburger Beitr. Math., 340, 2009, see /www.math.uni-hamburg.de/math/research/Preprints/hbm.html.Google Scholar
- D. A. Higgs: Infinite graphs and matroids, Recent Progress in Combinatorics, in: Proceedings Third Waterloo Conference on Combinatorics, Academic Press, 1969, 245–53.Google Scholar
- A. Vella: A fundamentally topological perspective on graph theory, PhD thesis, University of Waterloo, 2005.Google Scholar