Bifurcation analysis of railway bogie with yaw damper
- 154 Downloads
Yaw damper, widely employed in high-speed railway vehicles, has played an important role in improving the hunting stability. This paper mainly makes a comprehensive analysis on the effect of yaw damper with its series stiffness value on the stability and bifurcation type of the railway bogie. With the prerequisite of the linear critical speed calculated by mathematical method, Center Manifold Theorem is adopted to reduce the dimension of the model to a planar dynamical system. And the symbolic expression associated with yaw damper and its series stiffness to determine bifurcation type at the critical speed is obtained by the method of Normal Form. As a result, the influence of the variation tendency of the yaw damper and series stiffness on the bifurcation type of the bogie is given qualitatively in contrast to different couples. Finally, numerical analysis of corresponding bifurcation diagrams is given to verify the accuracy of the conclusion.
KeywordsRailway bogie Hunting stability Hopf bifurcation Yaw damper Series stiffness
This work has been supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (11790282), National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB1200505) and Doctoral Innovation Fund Program of Southwest Jiaotong University (D-CX201712).
- 2.Zhou, S., Qin, Z., Sun, C.: Influences of common faults of anti-yaw damper on dynamic performances of high-speed train. J. Beijing Jiaotong Univ. 41(1), 85–91 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Jianxin, L., Kaiyun, W.: Effect of yaw dampers on locomotive riding comfortability. J. Traffic Transp. Eng. 6(4), 1–4 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Zeng, J., Wu, P.B.: Influence of the damper rubber joint stiffness on the critical speed of railway passenger car system. China Railw. Sci. 29(2), 94–98 (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Sedighi, H.M., Shirazi, K.H.: A survey of Hopf bifurcation analysis in nonlinear railway wheelset dynamics. J. Vibroeng. 14(1), 344–351 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Su, R., Peng, C.: Experiment and simulation research on nonlinear stiffness of vibrating screen rubber spring. J. Basic Sci. Eng. 19(6), 986–994 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang, J., Yang, Y., Zeng, J.: An algorithm criterion for Hopf bifurcation and its applications in vehicle dynamics. Acta Mech. Sin. 32(5), 596–605 (2000)Google Scholar