Retinal vein occlusion and the use of a dexamethasone intravitreal implant (Ozurdex) in its treatment
- 101 Downloads
KeywordsBevacizumab Macular Edema Retinal Vein Occlusion Central Retinal Vein Occlusion Ganglion Cell Complex
All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. No financial disclosures. Both authors (D.C. and M.C.) were involved in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis and interpretation of the data; and preparation, review or approval of the manuscript.
The authors have full control of the primary data and they agree to allow Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology to review their data, if requested.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors certify that they have no affiliations with or involvement in any organization or entity with any financial interest (such as honoraria; educational grants; participation in speakers’ bureaus; membership, employment, consultancies, stock ownership, or other equity interest; and expert testimony or patent-licensing arrangements), or non-financial interest (such as personal or professional relationships, affiliations, knowledge or beliefs) in the subject matter or materials discussed in this manuscript.
- 4.Holz FG, Roider J, Ogura Y, Korobelnik JF, Simader C, Groetzbach G, Vitti R, Berliner AJ, Hiemeyer F, Beckmann K, Zeitz O, Sandbrink R (2013) VEGF Trap-Eye for macular oedema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion: 6-month results of the phase lll Galileo study. Br J Ophthalmol 97:278–284CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.Brown DM, Heier JS, Clark WL, Boyer DS, Vitti R, Berliner AJ, Zeitz O, Sandbrink R, Zhu X, Haller JA (2013) Intravitreal aflibercept injection for macular edema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion: 1-year results from the phase 3 Copernicus study. Am J Ophthalmol 155:429–437CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Campochiaro PA, Sophie R, Pearlman J, Brown DM, Boyer DS, Heier JS, Marcus DM, Feiner L, Patel A (2014) Lont-term outcomes in patients with retinal vein occlusion treated with ranibizumab. RETAIN Stud Ophthalmol 121:209–219Google Scholar
- 7.Ogura Y, Roider J, Korobelnik JF, HOlz FG, Simader C, Schmidt-Erfurth U, Vitti R, Berliner AJ, Hiemeyer F, Stemper B, Zeitz O, Sandbrink R, for the Galileo study group (2014) Intravitreal aflibercept for macular edema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion: 18-month results of the phase 3 Galileo study. Am J Ophthalmol 158:1032–1038CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Heier JS, Clark WL, Boyer DS, Brown DM, Vitti R, Berliner AJ, Kazmi H, Ma Y, Stemper B, Zeitz O, Sandbrink R, Haller JA (2014) Intravitreal aflibercept injection for macular edema due to central retinal vein occlusion. two-year results from the COPERNICUS study. Ophthalmology 121:1414–1420CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar