Widely tunable mode-locked all-fiberized Yb-doped fiber laser with near-transform-limited spectrum linewidth
- 316 Downloads
A widely tunable mode-locked all-fiberized Yb-doped fiber laser with near-transform-limited spectrum linewidth is used. It consists of a tunable fiber Bragg grating (TFBG) and a fiber-coupled LiNbO3 phase modulator (PM) in a linear cavity. The TFBG is used to achieve tunable emission wavelength, and the intracavity PM is used to achieve actively mode-locking operation. We have experimentally demonstrated that the laser-emitting wavelength can be tuned between 1,041 and 1,091 nm with power fluctuation less than 3 dB. The temporal width of the laser pulse is about 1 ns, and the pulses are near transform-limited with a spectral linewidth of 1.3 GHz. The results may find useful application in optical communication and optical measurement system.
KeywordsPump Power Fiber Laser LiNbO3 Linear Cavity Optical Measurement System
This work was financially supported in part by Innovation Foundation for Excellent Graduates in National University of Defense Technology under Grant B120704 and Hunan Provincial Innovation Foundation For Postgraduate under Grant CX2012B035.
- 1.S. Kawanishi, H. Takara, K. Uchiyama, M. Saruwatari, 100 Gbit/s, 50 km optical transmission employing all-optical multi/demultiplexing and PLL timing extraction. Tech. Digest OFC93 PD2, 13–16 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2.H. Takara, S. Kawanishi, M. Sarwatari, 20 GHz, 3.5 ps transform-limited optical pulse generation from a highly stable, tunable actively mode-locked Er-doped fiber laser. OSA/OAA TuD 1-1, 310–313 (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.I.L. Villegas, C. Cuadrado-Laborde, J. Abreu-Afonso1, A. Díez, J.L. Cruz, M.A. Martínez-Gámez, M.V. Andrés, Mode-locked Yb-doped all-fiber laser based on in-fiber acoustooptic modulation. Laser Phys. Lett. 8, 227–231 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.A. Wang, L. Feng, J. Huang, C. Gu, X. Lu, H. Ming, J. Xie, Tunable single-frequency ytterbium-doped fiber DBR laser. Chin. J. Quantum Electron. 22, 607–611 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.P. Zeil, M. Malmström, M. Engholm, P. Jelger, B. Jacobsson, V. Pasiskevicius, F. Laurell, Extended tunability of narrow-linewidth Yb-fiber laser. OSA/CLEO CTuI4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 15.R. Wang, Y. Dai, L, Yan, J. Wu, K. Xu, Y. Li, J. Lin, Dissipative soliton in actively mode-locked fiber laser. Opt. Express 20, 6406–6411 (2012)Google Scholar