Reinforcement of polyaniline and poly-(o-toluidine) with SWNTs and tuning of their physicochemical properties by heavy ion beams
- 60 Downloads
In the present investigation, the organic conducting polymers (OCP) were reinforced with single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) through non-covalent interaction. The polyaniline/SWNTs and poly-(o-toluidine)/SWNTs composites were synthesized electrochemically, and the effects of the Swift heavy ions (SHI) irradiation of 100 MeV oxygen ions beam and 55 MeV carbon ions beam at various ion fluences were investigated, respectively. The spectroscopic and morphological studies were carried out using ultraviolet–visible spectroscopy, Fourier transformed infrared spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, and field-emission scanning electron microscopy respectively. Attempts have been made to reveal the influence of high-energy ion irradiation on composites which are highly sensitive and possess characteristics role in tuning of various properties. The facile approach indicates that the SHI irradiation can be adopted to enhance various functionalities of the OCPs reinforced with the SWNTs.
Authors extend their sincere thanks to Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), New Delhi, India (UFR no. 55305) and DST, SERB, New Delhi (Project no.: SB/ EMEQ-042/2013), Rashtria Uchachatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), Government of Maharashtra, UGC-DAE-CSR–RRCAT Indore (Project no.: CSR-IC-BL66/CRS-183/2016-17/847), UGC-SAP Programme (F.530/16/DRS-I/2016(SAP-II) Dt. 16-04-2016) for providing financial support.
- 3.K. Datta, P. Ghosh, M.A. More, M.D. Shirsat, A. Mulchandani, J Phys D, https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/45/35/355305
- 14.J. Yang, Y. Liu, S. Liu, L. Li, C. Zhang, T. Liu. https://doi.org/10.1039/c6qm00150e
- 17.S.B. Kadam, K. Datta, P. Ghosh, A.B. Kadam, P.W. Khirade, V. Kumar, R.G. Sonkawade, A.B. Gambhire, M.K. Lande, M.D. Shirsat, Appl Phys A (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.D.K. Avasthi, Curr. Sci. 78(11), 10 (2000)Google Scholar
- 24.M.A. Deshmukh, H.K. Patil, G.A. Bodkhe, M. Yasuzawa, P. Koinkar, A. Ramanavicius, S. Pandey, M. Shirsat, Colloids Surf. A 537, 303–309Google Scholar
- 25.M.A. Deshmukh, H.K. Patil, M.D. Shirsat, A. Ramanavicius, AIP Conference proceedings 1832 (1), p. 050084Google Scholar
- 29.A. Arratia, H. Gomez, R. Schrebler, R. Cordova, M.A. del Valle, J Electr Chem 377(1), 75–83 (1994)Google Scholar
- 37.S. Dhanavel, E.A.K. Nivethaa, D. Sangamithirai, V. Narayanan, A. Stephen, Int. J. Innov. Res. Sci. Eng. (ISSN 2347-3207, online)Google Scholar
- 38.A. Crawford, E. Silva, K. York, C. Li, Raman spectroscopy: a comprehensive review. https://www.academia.edu/1131363/Raman_Spectroscopy_A_Comprehensive_Review