James Stirling: Mathematician and Mine Manager
The Mathematical Tourist Dirk Huylebrouck, Editor
- 181 Downloads
KeywordsRoyal Society Mathematical Intelligencer Stirling Number Mine Manager Stirling Engine
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Innes Addison: The Snell Exhibitions. Founder, Foundation, Foundationers. James MacLehose & Sons, Publishers to the University of Glasgow, 1901.Google Scholar
- Dictionary of Scientific Biography. Volume XIII. Editor in Chief C. C. Gillespie. Charles Scribner’s Sons, New York, 1970 – 1990, 67 – 70.Google Scholar
- W. B. Hendry: James Stirling ‘The Venetian’, Scotland’s Magazine, October 1965, 33 – 35.Google Scholar
- J. Jones: Balliol College. A History. Second Edition. Oxford University Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Leadhills Reading Society. Available at URL http://www.lowtherhills.fsnet.co.uk (accessed June 25, 2003).
- Leadhills Library website. Available at URL http://www.miners-library.fsnet.co.uk (accessed March 28, 2008).
- John Oswald Mitchell: The Old Glasgow Essays. MacLehose, 1905.Google Scholar
- Muir Collection, MSB 691, 4(10), J. Stirling. The National Library of South Africa, Cape Town.Google Scholar
- John Ramsay: Scotland and Scotsmen in the eighteenth century. Editor Alexander Allardyce, 2 volumes. W. Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, 1888.Google Scholar
- Register of Admissions and degrees, 1682 – 1833. Balliol College, Oxford.Google Scholar
- James Stirling. Available at URL http://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/history/mathematicians/Stirling.html (accessed March 28, 2008).
- I. Tweddle: James Stirling: ‘This about series and such things.’ Scottish Academic Press, Edinburgh, 1988.Google Scholar
- I. Tweddle: James Stirling’s Methodus Differentiales. An Annotated Translation of Stirling’s text. Springer-Verlag. London. 2003.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011