Intra-urinoma Rendezvous Using a Transconduit Approach to Re-establish Ureteric Integrity
- 91 Downloads
Ureteric discontinuity following injury has been traditionally treated surgically. With the advent of improved interventional instrumentation it is possible to stent these lesions percutaneously, retrogradely or failing that using a combined (rendezvous) technique. We describe an intra-urinoma rendezvous procedure combining a percutaneous antegrade-transconduit retrograde technique of stent insertion to successfully re-establish ureteric integrity that was used following the failure of a percutaneous retrograde approach. We illustrate its usefulness as an alternative to surgery.
KeywordsUreteric disruption Rendezvous procedure Ureteric stent Urinoma
The authors would like to thank Nick Taylor for the preparation of the illustrations.
- 1.Benoit, G, Boccon-Gibod, L, Teyssier, P, Steg, A 1983Iatrogenic injuries of the ureter. Analysis of 47 casesChirurgie109160167Google Scholar
- 2.Maillet, PJ, Pelle-Francoz, D, Leriche, A, Leclercq, R, Demiaux, C 1987Fistulas of the upper urinary tract: Percutaneous managementJ Urol13813821385Google Scholar
- 3.Gray, RJ, Intriere, L, Dolmatch, BL, Edson, M, Fischer, J 1992Combined retrograde-antegrade ureteral stent passage: Salvage procedure for a ureteral leakJ Vasc Interv Radiol3557558Google Scholar
- 4.Postoak, D, Simon, JM, Monga, M, Ferral, H, Thomas, R 1997Combined percutaneous antegrade and cystoscopic retrograde ureteral stent placement: An alternative technique in cases of ureteral discontinuityUrology50113116Google Scholar
- 5.Baere, T, Roche, A, Lagrange, C, Denys, A, Court, B, Isapoff, J, Pappas, P 1995Combined percutaneous antegrade and cystoscopic retrograde approach in the treatment of distal ureteric fistulaeCardiovasc Intervent Radiol18349352Google Scholar
- 6.Beaghler, MA, Taylor, FC, McLaughlin, KP 1997A combined antegrade and retrograde technique for reestablishing ureteral continuityTech Urol34448Google Scholar
- 7.Banner, MP, Amendola, MA, Pollack, HM 1989Anastomised ureters: Fluoroscopically guided transconduit retrograde catheterizationRadiology1704549Google Scholar