Partial transformation monoids preserving a uniform partition
- 144 Downloads
The objective of this paper is to study the monoid of all partial transformations of a finite set that preserve a uniform partition. In addition to proving that this monoid is a quotient of a wreath product with respect to a congruence relation, we show that it is generated by 5 generators, we compute its order and determine a presentation on a minimal generating set.
KeywordsTransformation monoids Uniform partitions Ranks Presentations Partial transformations Wreath products
Cicalò gratefully acknowledges support of FCT and PIDDAC, within the Project PTDC/MAT/69514/2006 of CAUL, and support of the Regione Sardegna, within the Project Master & Back, PR-MAB-A2009-837. She also thanks the Department of Mathematics of the University of Trento for its hospitality from 2011. Fernandes gratefully acknowledges support of FCT and PIDDAC, within the Projects ISFL-1-143 and PTDC/MAT/69514/2006 of CAUL. Schneider was supported by the research funds PTDC/MAT/101993/2008 (FCT), 302660/2013-5 (CNPq, Produtividade em Pesquisa), 475399/2013-7 (CNPq, Universal), and by APQ-00452-13 (Fapemig, Universal).
- 2.Araújo, I.M.: Presentations for semigroup constructions and related computational methods. PhD thesis, University of St Andrews (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Fernandes, V.H.: Presentations for some monoids of partial transformations on a finite chain: a survey. In: Gomes, G.M.S., Pin, J.-É., Silva, P. V. (eds.). Semigroups. Algorithms, Automata and Languages (Coimbra, 2001), pp. 363–378. World Sci. Publ, River Edge, NJ (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Ganyushkin, O., Mazorchuk, V.: Classical Finite Transformation Semigroups, An introduction, volume 9 of Algebra and Applications. Springer London Ltd, London (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Rhodes, J., Steinberg, B.: The \(q\)-theory of Finite Semigroups. Springer Monographs in Mathematics. Springer, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 21.Ruškuc, N.: Semigroup presentations. PhD thesis, University of St Andrews (1995)Google Scholar