Some Breathers and Multi-breathers for FPU-Type Chains
- 20 Downloads
We consider several breather solutions for FPU-type chains that have been found numerically. Using computer-assisted techniques, we prove that there exist true solutions nearby, and in some cases, we determine whether or not the solution is spectrally stable. Symmetry properties are considered as well. In addition, we construct solutions that are close to (possibly infinite) sums of breather solutions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arioli, G., Gazzola, F.: Existence and numerical approximation of periodic motions of an infinite lattice of particles. ZAMP 46, 898–912 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Ada Reference Manual, ISO/IEC 8652:2012(E). Available e.g. at http://www.ada-auth.org/arm.html
- 7.A free-software compiler for the Ada programming language, which is part of the GNU Compiler Collection; see http://gnu.org/software/gnat/. Accessed 12 Sept 2016
- 13.Gallavotti G. (ed.): The Fermi–Pasta–Ulam problem. A status report, Lecture Notes in Physics 728. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 21.The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., IEEE Standard for Binary Floating–Point Arithmetic, ANSI/IEEE Std 754–2008Google Scholar
- 22.The MPFR library for multiple-precision floating-point computations with correct rounding. GNU MPFR version 4.0.2 (2019). http://www.mpfr.org/