A New Inequality for the von Neumann Entropy
- 254 Downloads
Strong subadditivity of von Neumann entropy, proved in 1973 by Lieb and Ruskai, is a cornerstone of quantum coding theory. All other known inequalities for entropies of quantum systems may be derived from it. Here we prove a new inequality for the von Neumann entropy which we prove is independent of strong subadditivity: it is an inequality which is true for any four party quantum state, provided that it satisfies three linear relations (constraints) on the entropies of certain reduced states.
KeywordsEntropy Neural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Accardi, L., Frigerio, A.: Markovian cocycles. Proc. Roy. Irish Acad. 83A(2), 251–263 (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Lieb, E.H.: Some Convexity and Subadditivity Properties of Entropy. Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 81, 1–13 (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.Linden, N., Maneva, E., Massar, S., Popescu, S., Roberts, D., Schumacher, B., Smolin, J.A., Thapliyal, A.V.: In preparationGoogle Scholar
- 8.Pippenger, N.: What are the laws of information theory? 1986 Special Problems in Communication and Computation Conference, Palo Alto, CA, 3–5 September 1986Google Scholar
- 11.Shannon, C.E.: A Mathematical Theory of Communication. Bell System Tech. J. 27, 379–423 and 623–656 (1948) Shannon Theory demi-centennial issue of IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory: 44(6), (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Yeung, R.W.: A Framework for Linear Information Inequalities. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 43(6), 11924–1934 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Yeung, R.W., Zhang, Z.: On Characterization of Entropy Function via Information Inequalities. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 44(4), 1440–1452 (1998)Google Scholar