Determination of vanadium(V) in the particulate matter of emissions and working areas by sequential dissolution and solid-phase extraction
- 94 Downloads
A method based on selective sequential dissolutions is proposed to determine total vanadium(V) in particulate matter of emissions and working areas at concentrations 1,000 times lower than the threshold limit of 0.05 mg m−3. Separation and preconcentration of vanadium(V) has been achieved by solid-phase extraction on Chelex 100 resin. Possible influence of the matrix has been investigated for two standard reference materials (SRMs), NIST SRM 1648 and BCR-038, before and after spiking, with vanadium(V) recovery in the range 97–103%.
KeywordsVanadium(V) Emissions Sequential dissolution Solid-phase extraction
This work was principally supported by Fondi Ateneo per la Ricerca of Pavia University.
- 1.IARC Working Group on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans (2000) IARC Monogr 86:227–243Google Scholar
- 2.Fortoul TI, Rojas-Lemus M, Fortoul TI, Ávila-Costa MR (2007) Vanadium. Nova Science Publishers, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.WHO (2001) Vanadium pentoxide and other inorganic vanadium compounds. World Health Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 7.National Toxicology Program (2002) Technical report series 507. NIH publication no. 02-4441. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle ParkGoogle Scholar
- 11.Eller PM, Cassinelli ME (eds) (1994) NIOSH manual of analytical methods (NMAM), 4th edn. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, WashingtonGoogle Scholar
- 12.Querol X, Viana M, Alastuey A, Amato F, Moreno T, Castillo S, Pey J, De la Rosa J, Sanchez de la Campa A, Artíñano B, Salvador P, García Dos Santos S, Fernández-Patier R, Moreno-Grau S, Negral L, Minguillón MC, Monfort E, Gil JI, Inza A, Ortega LA, Santamaría JM, Zabalza J (2007) Atmos Environ 41:7219–7231CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Girelli A, Matteoli L, Parisi F (1983) Trattato di chimica industriale applicata. Zanichelli, BolognaGoogle Scholar