Application of Hirshfeld surfaces, semiempirical calculations and molecular dynamics analysis to study the intermolecular interactions, reactivity and dynamics of two polyoxometalate compounds
- 39 Downloads
A large study of the theoretical properties was reported in this work. The Hirshfeld surfaces analysis has confirmed that the intermolecular interactions in the crystal packing of K5[HP2Mo5O23]·10H2O (1) and [C7H7N2]2[H2P2Mo5O23]0.5·3.5H2O (2) compounds has been dominated by hydrogen bonding which makes the hydrogen atoms of polyanions, water molecules and organic cations play the most important role in the stability of crystal structures. Applying semiempirical calculations on the compounds, we get information about their reactivity. In this context, several discussions concerning the frontier molecular orbital, electron density, molecular electrostatic potential, thermodynamic properties and local ionization potential have been mentioned. Also, the molecular dynamics analysis performed on the compounds structures allows us to study the dynamics of this type of compounds.
KeywordsSemiempirical calculations Hirshfeld surfaces Polyoxometalate Theoretical study Molecular dynamics
This work was supported by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Tunisia.
- 3.Pope MT, Müller A (2001) Polyoxometalate chemistry from topology via self-assembly to applications. Kluwer, DordrechtGoogle Scholar
- 13.Ping S, LiKai Y, Wei G, JingDong F, ChunGuang L, ZhongMin S (2009) The comparative investigation on redox property and second-order nonlinear response of Keggin-type α-[PM12O39NPh]3− (M = W and Mo) and Mo6NPh. Chin Sci Bull 54:203–211Google Scholar
- 29.Wolff SK, Grimwood DJ, McKinnon JJ, Turner MJ, Jayatilaka D, Spackman MA (2012) Crystal-explorer 3 0. University of Western Australia, PerthGoogle Scholar
- 30.Jayatilaka D, Grimwood DJ, Lee A et al (2005) TONTO, a system for computational chemistry. The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, NedlandsGoogle Scholar
- 31.Spartan 14 (2014) Wavefunction Inc Irvine, CA 92,612, USAGoogle Scholar
- 32.Hypercube (2008) Inc Hyperchem, 8 0 6, Hypercube, Inc, USAGoogle Scholar