Spectroscopy of sodium atom in liquid helium cluster: a symmetry adapted cluster-configuration interaction (SAC-CI) study
- 50 Downloads
Excitation line shift of the principal resonance line of sodium atom embedded in liquid helium is estimated using symmetry adapted cluster-configuration interaction (SAC-CI) method with a reasonably good choice of basis set. The effect of the liquid surroundings is considered by taking only the nearest neighbor interaction using several model clusters of helium atoms with a centrally located isolated sodium atom. The transition wavelength of the 2P ← 2S line of Na is estimated both for the free Na and for the Na atom centrally located inside a model helium cluster. The shift depends obviously on the model cluster and the distance of the central Na atom from the surrounding He atom. With a physically realizable structure, SAC-CI calculation correctly predicts the theoretical results obtained previously on such estimates.
KeywordsSpectral shift Helium cluster SAC-CI calculations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tabbert B, Gunther H and Putlitz Gz (1997). J Low Temp Phys 109: 653 Google Scholar
- 6.Yabuzaki T, Fujisaki A, Sano K, Kinoshita T, Takahashi Y (eds.)(1992). Atomic Physics B. North Holland, New York Google Scholar
- 22.Frisch MJ (2003). Gaussian 03. Gaussian, Inc., Pittsburgh Google Scholar
- 24.Dunning TH, Hay PJ (Ed.) (1976) Plenum, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 25.Dennington R, Keith T, Millam J, Eppinnett K, Hovell WL and Gilliland R (2003). GaussView. Semichem, Inc., Shawnee Mission Google Scholar