Mesh-independence of semismooth Newton methods for Lavrentiev-regularized state constrained nonlinear optimal control problems
- 150 Downloads
A class of nonlinear elliptic optimal control problems with mixed control-state constraints arising, e.g., in Lavrentiev-type regularized state constrained optimal control is considered. Based on its first order necessary optimality conditions, a semismooth Newton method is proposed and its fast local convergence in function space as well as a mesh-independence principle for appropriate discretizations are proved. The paper ends by a numerical verification of the theoretical results including a study of the algorithm in the case of vanishing Lavrentiev-parameter. The latter process is realized numerically by a combination of a nested iteration concept and an extrapolation technique for the state with respect to the Lavrentiev-parameter.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)35J60 49K20 49M05 65K10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Facchinei, F., Pang, J.-S.: Finite-dimensional variational inequalities and complementarity problems, vol. II. Springer Series in Operations Research. Springer, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Hackbusch W. (1985). Multigrid methods and applications, vol. 4. Springer Series in Computational Mathematics. Springer, Berlin Google Scholar
- 16.Hintermüller, M.: Mesh-independence and fast local convergence of a primal–dual active set method for mixed control-state constrained elliptic control problems. ANZIAM J. (2007) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 19.Hintermüller, M., Ring, W.: A level set approach for the solution of a state constrained optimal control problem. Num. Math. (2004)Google Scholar
- 23.Lions, J.-L.: Some aspects of the optimal control of distributed parameter systems. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia. Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, No. 6. (1972)Google Scholar
- 25.Prüfert, U., Tröltzsch, F., Weiser, M.: The convergence of an interior point method for an elliptic control problem with mixed control-state constraints. Comput. Optim. Appl. (to appear)Google Scholar
- 26.Rösch, A., Tröltzsch, F.: Existence of regular Lagrange multipliers for a nonlinear elliptic optimal control problem with pointwise control-state constraints (Submitted)Google Scholar