A novel design and electromagnetic analysis for a linear switched reluctance motor
- 68 Downloads
A new structure of a linear switched reluctance motor is proposed in this paper. With the permanent magnet inserted in the movers, the performance of the original motor is improved. An electromagnetic analysis is done by using the finite element analysis. The influence of the permanent magnets in different positions of the movers on the electromagnetic force is investigated. Furthermore, a theoretical analysis is made, based on the Schwarz–Christoffel transformation and the Maxwell stress tensor method. The mathematic model is also made with the consideration of the end effect and the cogging effect. The theoretical result of the electromagnetic force is compared with the simulation result. The comparison shows that the error is limited. The analysis of the flux, the magnetic field, and the inductance is then made. The results confirm that the new structure makes the motor more linearized. The new structure of linear switched reluctance motor can contribute to reducing the ripple in the electromagnetic force.
KeywordsLinear switched reluctance motor Finite element analysis Permanent magnet Mathematic model Motor design Simulation
This research is funded by China Scholarship Council (No. 201606930007).
- 12.Wang D, Wang X, Du XF (2017) Design and comparison of a high force density dual-side linear switched reluctance motor for long rail propulsion application with low cost. IEEE Trans Magn 53(6):1–4Google Scholar
- 17.Hirayama T, Yamashita S, Kawabata S (2018) Design and analysis of linear switched reluctance motor with coreless HTS excitation windings for ropeless elevator. In: 2018 21st international conference on electrical machines and systems (ICEMS). Jeju, pp 1879–1884Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang Z, Bazzi AM, Monte JD (2018) A novel PWM-control-based Strategy for noise reduction in switched reluctance motors. In: 2018 IEEE transportation electrification conference and expo (ITEC). Long Beach, pp 1017–1022Google Scholar
- 22.Fu DS, Xu YL (2017) Presentation of a novel E-core transverse-flux permanent magnet linear motor and its magnetic field analysis based on Schwarz–Christoffel mapping method. J Electr Eng Technol 12(5):1963–1969Google Scholar
- 23.Ghosh MK, Gao Y, Dozono H, Muramatsu K, Guan W, Yuan J, Tian C, Chen B (2018) Proposal of Maxwell stress tensor for local force calculation in magnetic body. IEEE Trans Magn 99:1–4Google Scholar