Open-source machine learning: R meets Weka
- 990 Downloads
Two of the prime open-source environments available for machine/statistical learning in data mining and knowledge discovery are the software packages Weka and R which have emerged from the machine learning and statistics communities, respectively. To make the different sets of tools from both environments available in a single unified system, an R package RWeka is suggested which interfaces Weka’s functionality to R. With only a thin layer of (mostly R) code, a set of general interface generators is provided which can set up interface functions with the usual “R look and feel”, re-using Weka’s standardized interface of learner classes (including classifiers, clusterers, associators, filters, loaders, savers, and stemmers) with associated methods.
KeywordsAssociation Rule Business Intelligence Tree Learner Interface Function Interface Class
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carey V (2007) arji: Another R-Java interface. http://www.bioconductor.org/, R package version 0.3.16
- Ellson J, Gansner E, Koutsofios E, North S, Woodhull G (2003) Graphviz and Dynagraph—static and dynamic graph drawing tools. In: Junger M, Mutzel P (eds.) Graph drawing software. Springer, Heidelberg, pp 127–148. http://www.Graphviz.org/
- Gentry J, Long L, Gentleman R, Falcon S (2007) Rgraphviz: plotting capabilities for R graph objects. http://www.bioconductor.org/, R package version 1.14.1
- Hornik K, Zeileis A, Hothorn T, Buchta C (2007) RWeka: an R interface to Weka. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=RWeka, R package version 0.3-4
- R Development Core Team (2007) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R foundation for statistical computing, Vienna, Austria, http://www.R-project.org/, ISBN 3-900051-07-0
- Schauerhuber M, Zeileis A, Meyer D, Hornik K (2007) Benchmarking open-source tree learners in R/RWeka. In: Data analysis, machine learning, and applications (Proceedings of the 31st annual conference of the Gesellschaft für Klassifikation e.V., March 7–9, 2007, Freiburg), forthcomingGoogle Scholar
- Temple Lang D, Chambers J (2005) SJava: The omegahat interface for R and Java. http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava/, R package version 0.69-0
- Urbanek S (2007) rJava: Low-Level R to Java interface. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=rJava, R package version 0.4-16