Experimental study in SEAM machining performance of W-Cu alloy electrode materials
- 38 Downloads
To solve problems such as insufficient energy and effective arc burning during the injection of a working medium in a short arc discharge channel, the application of a W-Cu alloy as the electrode material in short electrical arc machining (SEAM) is explored in this paper. Using the surface roughness, material removal rate, and tool electrode wear rate as technical indices, the effects of voltage, frequency, and duty cycle on W-Cu alloy materials are studied to explore machining characteristics in SEAM. Contrast experiments on a graphite electrode were conducted using a SU8010 scanning electron microscope and energy spectrum analysis to study the erosion mechanism of the W-Cu alloy material. This paper addresses applications of copper-based composites in SEAM and provides a theoretical basis for the development of electrode materials in the SEAM.
KeywordsShort electric arc machining technology (SEAM) W-Cu alloy MRR TWR Micromorphology EDS XRD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research is supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (51765063, 2018B02009-1, 2018B02009-4).
- 1.Liang CH, Zhou JP, Zhu ZJ (2007) Study and application of short arc large current working technology. Modern Manuf Eng 12:92–93Google Scholar
- 4.Hui ZG, Liu ZD, Qiu MB, Wang XZ, Cao ZL (2014) Discharge characteristics of cool electrode in EDM based on monopulse discharge. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 75(5–8):731–738Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang C, Qiu MB, Jing Y, Han YX, Fu JB (2017) Influence of electrode temperature on electric erosion pit morphology during cool electrode EDM. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 93(5–8):2173–2181Google Scholar
- 11.Hua Q (2014) Experiment on complicated cavity of titanium alloy 545 by EDM. J Southwest China Normal Univ (Nat Sci Ed) 9:138–140Google Scholar
- 13.Zhu YM, Gao F, Sun CH, Niu L, Gu L (2016) Experimental study of electrical discharge machining for TZM. Aeronautical Manuf Technol 14:61–64Google Scholar
- 16.Bai BZ, Yang LY, Zhao YF (2002) Exploration of process “isothermal forging + direct aging” for GH4169 alloy. Chin J Rar Met 26(1):7–11Google Scholar
- 19.Liu JC,Zhao J Q, Zhao WS (1999) Special machining. China Machine Press, pp 9–12Google Scholar