Path planning method for intelligent CMMs based on safety and the high-efficiency principle
- 54 Downloads
To improve the intelligence and efficiency of a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) for large parts, it is necessary to plan the three-dimensional detection path. In this paper, a new path planning model is proposed for the workpiece and distribution. Furthermore, to avoid collision, a spherical model is proposed to calculate the direction of the probe when touching a hidden point. Finally, the path planning method with time as the optimization target is proposed based on the ant colony algorithm (ACO). Experiments show that the method of calculating the detection direction can automatically plan the safe contact angle for certain hidden points and can greatly improve the intelligence of CMMs. The new path planning algorithm can save detection time and safely improve efficiency.
KeywordsCMM Intelligent Efficiency Detection direction Path planning Ant colony algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors would like to express their sincere thanks to the supports of the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51320105009) and the Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin (No. 13JCZDJC34500).
- 4.Zhu JG, Wang Z, Zhou FQ, Wu B, Ye SH (2000) Study of field traceability of visual inspection system of IVECO-body. Acta Metrologica Sinica 21(1):28–33Google Scholar
- 5.Stojadinovic SM, Majstorovic VD, Durakbasa NM et al (2016) Ants colony optimisation of a measuring path of prismatic parts on a CMM. Metrol Meas Syst 23(1/2016):119–132Google Scholar
- 6.Schmitt R, Zheng H, Zhao X, et al. (2009). Application of ant colony optimization to inspection planning. 71–75Google Scholar
- 10.Bai Y, Wei S, Liu K et al (2010) A strategy to automatically planning measuring path with CMM offline. Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering (MACE), International Conference on. IEEE 2010:3064–3067Google Scholar
- 14.Dorigo M, Gambardella LM (1997) Ant colonies for the travelling salesman problem. Bio System 43(2):73–81. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0303-2647(97)01708-5
- 15.Marco Dorigo, Mauro Birattari (2004). Ant colony optimization. Bradford CompanyGoogle Scholar
- 16.Blum C (2005) Ant colony optimization: introduction and recent trends. Phys Life Rev 2(4):353–373. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plrev.2005.10.001
- 17.Dorigo M, Stützle T. (2004). Ant colony optimization theory // MIT Press,118–129Google Scholar
- 18.Tan J, Wang C, Wang Y, et al. (2015). Three-dimensional path planning based on ant colony algorithm with potential field for rotary-wing flying robot. // IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 19.Khatib O. (1985). Real-time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and mobile robots // IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. Proceedings. IEEE,90–98Google Scholar
- 21.Ho D T, Grotli E I, Sujit P B, et al. (2013). Performance evaluation of cooperative relay and particle swarm optimization path planning for UAV and wireless sensor network // Globecom workshops (GC Wkshps), IEEE:1403–1408Google Scholar
- 22.Liu J, Yang J, Liu H, et al. (2016). An improved ant colony algorithm for robot path planning. Soft Comput,1–11Google Scholar
- 23.Luo DL, Shun-Xiang WU (2010) Ant colony optimization with potential field heuristic for robot path planning. XI Tong Gong Cheng Yu Dian ZiJiShu/systems Eng Electron 32(6):1277–1280Google Scholar
- 24.Zhao J, Xiuhui F (2012) Improved ant colony optimization algorithm and its application on path planning of mobile robot. Journal Comput 7(8):2055–2061Google Scholar
- 25.Cao J (2016) Research of ant colony algorithm for mobile robot path planning. J Computer\s \scommunications 04(2):11–19Google Scholar
- 26.Surekha P, Mohanaraajan P R A, Sumathi S. (2010). Ant colony optimization for solving combinatorial fuzzy Job Shop Scheduling Problems. // Communication and Computational Intelligence (INCOCCI), 2010 International Conference onIEEE, 295–300Google Scholar
- 27.Sun Y, Hua-Dong MA, Liu L (2007) An ant-colony optimization based service aware routing algorithm for multimedia sensor networks. Acta Electron Sin 35(4):705–711Google Scholar
- 28.Bullnheimer B, Hartl R F, Strauss C. (1999). Applying the ANT system to the vehicle routing problem. //Meta-Heuristics Springer US, 285–296Google Scholar