Rigid-flexible coupling forming process for aluminum alloy automobile body panels
- 110 Downloads
A newly proposed method for the manufacturing of complex aluminum alloy automobile body panels is the rigid-flexible coupling forming process. The principle of this method is introduced and the key process parameters such as the hydraulic pressure loading path and rigid-flexible effect, blank holder force (BHF), and the draw bead setting are investigated by using numerical simulation and experiment. The relationship between the local rounded corner feature and the hydraulic pressure is theoretically analyzed specifically for the aluminum alloy inner panel of automobile engine hood. Meanwhile, the formability of this part is also surveyed in different parameters of the rigid-flexible coupling process. Finally, the applicability of the proposed method is validated by the results of experiments. The research exhibited that the rigid-flexible coupling forming process can be well used for manufacturing this kind of complex multi-feature sheet parts.
KeywordsLightweight Rigid-flexible coupling Aluminum alloy Automobile body panel Combined forming process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from National Science and Technology Major Project of China with Grant No.2014ZX04002041.
- 8.Zeng ZP, Zhang YS, Zhou Y, Jin QL (2005) Superplastic forming of aluminum alloy car body panels. Mater Sci Forum 475-479:3025–3028. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.475-479.3025 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Brooke L (1997) Hydroforming hits the big time. Automot Ind 177:57–61Google Scholar
- 15.Hu H, Wang JF, Fan KT, Chen TY, Wang SY (2015) Development of sheet hydroforming for making an automobile fuel tank. P I Mech Eng B-J Eng 229:654–663Google Scholar
- 17.Liu XJ, Liu CH, Wang X, Wan SX, Fu JR (2016) Numerical simulation study on divided region variable blank holder force of automobile outdoor in hydrodynamic deep drawing. Hot Work Technol 45:146–149Google Scholar
- 18.Modi B, Kumar DR (2013) Effect of friction and lubrication on formability of AA5182 alloy in hydroforming of square cups. Mater Sci Forum 762:621–626. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.762.621 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 20.Lang LH (2014) Innovative sheet hydroforming and warm/hot hydroforming. National Defense Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar