Properties of NiCrAlY coatings fabricated on superalloy GH4169 by electrospark deposition
- 25 Downloads
NiCrAlY coatings were deposited on superalloy GH4169 by electrospark deposition technique. Influences of the depositing parameters (100 V/40 μF, 100 V/80 μF, 100 V/120 μF, 150 V/40 μF, 150 V/80 μF, 150 V/120 μF) on the microstructure and the properties of the coatings were experimentally investigated. Results show that the depositing parameters affect defect density and consequent properties of coatings. The deposition voltage has greater influences on the deposition velocity and on the properties of the coatings than the deposition capacity. The weight gain per area of the coatings deposited under 150 V increases faster than that under 100 V. The coating deposited under 100 V/40 μF has the minimum defect density and the best properties.
KeywordsNiCrAlY alloy Electrospark deposition Superalloy GH4169
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work is supported by “863” project (No. 2015AA034303). The authors also thank Lin Yang (School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, the University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia) for English polishing.
- 2.Podchernyaeva IA, Panasyuk AD, Teplenko MA, Podol’skii VI (2000) Protective coatings on heat-resistant nickel alloys (review). Powder Metall Met Ceram 39:434–444. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011358221085
- 5.Monceaua D, Oquaba D, Estournesb C, Boidota M, Selezneffa S, Thebaulta Y (2009) Pt-modified Ni aluminides, MCrAlY-base multilayer coatings and TBC systems fabricated by Spark Plasma Sintering for the protection of Ni-base superalloys. Surf Coat Technol 204(6):771–778. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2009.09.054 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Cadney S, Brochu M (2008) Formation of amorphous Zr41. 2Ti13. 8Ni10 Cu12. 5Be22. 5 coatings via the ElectroSpark Deposition processIntermetallics. Intermetallics 16(4):518–523. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.internet
- 14.Ribalco AV, Sahin O, Korkmaz K (2009) A modified electrospark alloying method for low surface roughness. Surf Coat Technol 203(23):3509–3515. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat2009.05.002
- 15.Luo C, Dong SJ, Xiang X (2008) Microstructure and properties of TiC coating by vibrating electrospark deposition. Key Eng Mater 180:373–374. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.373-374.180 Google Scholar