Mechatronics of a ball screw drive using an N degrees of freedom dynamic model
- 86 Downloads
High-performance position control in machine tools can only be achieved modeling the dynamic behavior of the mechatronic system composed by the motor, transmission and control during the design stage. In this work, a complex analytical model of a ball screw drive is presented and integrated in a mechatronic model of the actuator to predict the dynamic behavior and analyze the impact of each component of the transmission. First, a simple 2-dof model is presented, and its analysis sets the basis for the development of a more complex model of several degrees of freedom, whose resulting fundamental transfer functions are represented using natural and modal coordinates. The modeling in modal coordinates carries a reduction of the transfer function that reduces computational work. The two models are compared and experimentally validated in time and frequency domains by means of experimental tests carried out on a specifically developed ball screw drive test bench.
KeywordsBall screw drive Machine tool dynamics Mechatronics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.B. Fernandez-Gauna, I. Ansoategui, I. Etxeberria-Agiriano, M. Graña, ReinforcemenEng Appl Artif Intellt learning of ball screw feed drive controllers, , vol. 30, pp. 107–117 2014.Google Scholar
- 8.J.-S. Chen, Y.-K. Huang, C.-C. Cheng (2004) Mechanical model and contouring analysis of high-speed ball-screw drive systems with compliance effect, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 24, no 3–4Google Scholar
- 9.Vicente DA, Hecker RL, Villegas FJ, Flores GM (2011) Modeling and vibration mode analysis of a ball screw drive. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 58(1–4):257–265Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang L, Wang T, Tian S, Wang Y (2016) Analytical modeling of a ball screw feed drive for vibration prediction of feeding carriage of a spindle. Math Probl Eng 2016:1–8Google Scholar
- 12.Yamazaki T (2008) Mathematical model for feed drive system in microscopic motion area. Arch Mater Sci Eng 33:35–38Google Scholar
- 13.Vesely J (2009) Complex model of machine structure with feed drive. Int J Nat Sci Eng 2(4):193–199Google Scholar
- 18.Zulaika, Juan José; Ander Altamira Jon, Diseño mecatrónico de servomecanismos de alta dinámica, Automática e instrumentación, p. (362): 59–64, 5 Ref, 2005.Google Scholar
- 19.George Ellis (2004)Control system design guide., 3rd Edition. Elsevier Academic PressGoogle Scholar
- 20.GroB, H., Hamann, J., Wiegärtner, G., Electical feed drives in automation. Publicis-MCD, 2001.Google Scholar
- 25.I. Ansoategui, F. J. Campa, C. López M. Díez, (2016) Influence of the machine tool compliance on the dynamic performance of the servo drives, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, OctGoogle Scholar