Study on optimization of a simulation method for abrasive water jet machining
- 163 Downloads
At present, the research on the simulation of abrasive water jet machining is only the simulation of an erosion process. These simulations take the input pressure as the initial value directly without taking the influence of the nozzle on the jet and the energy loss when passing through the nozzle into consideration. In this work, the whole process of abrasive water jet machining is considered and the simulation of the flow field inside the nozzle and the erosion process are linked. Firstly, the influence of the structure of the nozzle to jet is studied, and the simulation model is established. The reliability of the model is verified by experiments. Then, the velocity of the jet at the nozzle exit is obtained by the simulation model, and the velocity is taken as the initial velocity of the abrasive water jet erosion simulation, which greatly improves the accuracy of the simulation. In addition, in order to improve the oversimplification in the simulation of abrasive water jet erosion process, two simulation methods are studied in this work, and the accuracy of the simulation is further improved.
KeywordsAbrasive water jet machining technology Machining simulation Erosion process simulation Nozzle internal flow field simulation Simulation method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Compliance with ethical standards
This work is supported by The National Natural Science Foundation of China (51575237) and The joint fund of Ministry of education of China (6141A0221).
- 1.Che C, Huang C (2011) Study on the technology of abrasive water jet polishing hard brittle material surface. Shandong University, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Ge Z, Jiang Q (2003) New ceramics and its precise manufacturing. J Dalian Univ 24(6):24–28Google Scholar
- 3.Mazurkiewicz M (2000) A manufacturing tool for a new century. J Mater Proc Technol. 112–118Google Scholar
- 5.Wan Q, Lei Y, Chen L (2013) Experimental study on drilling of engineering ceramics using abrasive water jet. Hydraulics Pneumatics & Seals 33(8):10–13Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang S, Gong L (2011) Study on premixed abrasive water jet cutting brittle materials. Lubrication and Seal 36(3):97–104Google Scholar
- 9.Shahverdi H, Zohoor M, Mousavi SM (2011) Numerical simulation of abrasive water jet cutting process using the SPH and ALE methods. Majlesi J Mech Eng 5(1):43–50Google Scholar
- 10.Wang J, Gao N, Gong W (2010) Abrasive waterjet machining simulation by SPH method. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 50(1–4):227–234Google Scholar
- 11.Lin X, Lu Y, Tang J (2014) Numerical simulation of abrasive water jet breaking rock with SPH-FEM coupling algorithm. J Vib Shock 33(18):170–176Google Scholar
- 12.Gong W, Wang J, Gao N (2011) Numerical simulation for abrasive water jet machining based on ALE algorithm. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 53(1):247–253Google Scholar
- 13.Liu H (2014) Hydromechanics. China building industry press, BeijingGoogle Scholar