Research on the influence of hot stamping process parameters on phase field evolution by thermal-mechanical phase coupling finite element
- 219 Downloads
In order to study the effect of austenitizing temperature and packing time on phase evolution more accurate, a coupling element finite model of hot stamping process of BR1500HS is established based on the platform of DEFORM-3D, which takes the interaction of heat, plastic work, and phase transformation into consideration. The simulated results reveal that the final microstructure mainly consists of martensite, and the martensite volume fraction increases at an austenitizing temperature range from 800 to 900 °C and has a little change with the increasing packing time. Subsequently, a series of physical experiments are conducted to evaluate the reliability of the simulated results. The micrographs show that influence of the austenitizing temperature and packing time on martensite volume fraction is consistent with the simulated results. Further, the tested hardness distribution also proved that the present thermal-mechanical phase coupling element finite model is an effective tool to predict the microstructure during the hot stamping process.
KeywordsAustenitizing temperature Packing time Coupling element finite model Hot stamping Thermal-mechanical phase coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Staeves J, Pfestorf M (2003) Einsatz höherfester Stähleim Automobilbau. In: Groche P (ed) 8.Umformtechnisches Kolloquium Darmstadt Darmstadt, Germany., http://www.staeves.de/veroeffentlichung/UKD_2003PPT.pdf Google Scholar
- 4.Xing ZW, Cui JJ, Liu HS, Li CF (2010) Numerical and experimental investigation into hot stamping of high strength steel sheet for auto B pillar reinforced panel. Materials and Manufacturing Technology 129–131:322–327Google Scholar
- 5.Guo YQ, Yang X, Han JJ, Chen W, Meng Z (2012) Research about warm-hot forming process control of LTVVB auto B-pillar. Advanced Manufacturing Technology PTS-1-4 472-475:3078–3082Google Scholar
- 10.Masayoshi S, Jun M, Kazuhisa K, Masahiro O, and Toshihiro M (2003) Properties of aluminized steels for hot forming…\properties of aluminized steels for hot-forming.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 18.Oldenburg M, Åkerström P, Bergman G (2008) Simulation of the microstructure evolution in a press hardened component., http://pure.ltu.se/portal/en/publications/simulation-of-the-micro-structure-evolution-in-a-press-hardened-component(0420f7a0-bd47-11dd-a7c4-000ea68e967b).html Google Scholar
- 19.Bariani PF, Bruschi S, Ghiotti A, Turetta A (2006) Testing formability in the hot stamping of HSS. CIRP Annals-Manuf Technol 57(1):256–268Google Scholar