A model of layered prismatic shells
- 64 Downloads
The present paper is devoted to a model for elastic layered prismatic shells which is constructed by means of a suggested in the paper approach which essentially differs from the known approaches for constructing models of laminated structures. Using Vekua’s dimension reduction method after appropriate modifications, hierarchical models for elastic layered prismatic shells are constructed. We get coupled governing systems for the whole structure in the projection of the structure. The advantage of this model consists in the fact that we solve boundary value problems separately for each ply. In addition, beginning with the second ply, we use a solution of a boundary value problem of the preceding ply. We indicate ways of investigating boundary value problems for the governing systems. For the sake of simplicity, we consider the case of two plies, in the zeroth approximation. However, we also make remarks concerning the cases when either the number of plies is more than two or higher-order approximations (hierarchical models) should be applied. As an example, we consider a special case of deformation and solve the corresponding boundary value problem in the explicit form.
KeywordsLayered shells Cusped layered shells Microtemperatures
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jones R.M.: Mechanics of Composite Materials, Second Edition. Taylor & Francis, London (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Carrera, E., Brischetto, E.: A comparison of various kinematic models for sandwich shell panels with soft core. J. Compos. Mater. 43(20), 2201–2221 (2009, in press)Google Scholar
- 15.Robbins,D.H. JR.,Reddy, J.N.:Modeling of thick composites using a layer-wise theory. Int. J. Numer. MethodsEng. 36, 655–677 (1993)Google Scholar
- 18.Dauge, M., Faou, E., Yosibash, Z.: Plates and shells: asymptotic expansions and hierarchical models. In: Stein, E., de Borst, R., Hughes, T.J.R. (eds.) Chapter 8, vol. I of the Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics. Wiley, pp. 199–236 (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Jaiani, G.: Differential hierarchical models for elastic prismatic shells with microtemperatures. ZAMM-Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 95(1) (2015), 77–90. doi: 10.1002/zamm.201300016