Multidisciplinary hybrid hierarchical collaborative optimization of electric wheel vehicle chassis integrated system based on driver’s feel
- 238 Downloads
The optimization design of chassis integrated system mainly involves steering, suspension and brake subsystems, which is essentially a multidisciplinary design optimization. This paper mainly researches the multidisciplinary optimization of the chassis integrated system for the electric wheel vehicle, from the view of ensuring a favorable feel for the driver. The dynamic models of differential steering system, brake system, active suspension system and vehicle are established. Then, taking the coupling relationship of the chassis subsystems into account, this paper proposes an evaluating index of driver’s ride comfort (Drc), which is composed of the steering road feel, brake feel and suspension ride comfort. In order to determine the weight coefficient in the quantization formula of Drc, the technique for order preference by similarity to ideal solution (TOPSIS) method is used to overcome the subjectivity in the selection. Based on these, a multidisciplinary hybrid hierarchical collaborative optimization (HHCO) method is proposed on the basis of the collaborative optimization (CO), which consists of a system level coordinator and a coupling analyzer to solve the problem of poor convergence and the low efficiency of CO method. The optimization results show that the proposed HHCO method has excellent computational efficiency and better convergence compared with the CO method, which can further improve the steering road feel and the drive ride comfort, on the premise of ensuring the brake feel and suspension ride comfort.
KeywordsChassis integrated system Performance evaluation index Weight coefficient Multidisciplinary optimization
This research presented within this article is supported by the National Key R&D Program of China, Grant No.2017YFB0103604, the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Grant No. 51775268, 51375007.
- Blanco J, Munoz L (2013) Target cascading optimization of the kinematics of a steering system coupled to a double wishbone suspension system of a hybrid off-road vehicle. SAE Tech Pap 2:1068–1079Google Scholar
- Chen G, Zhang D (2014) Research on integrated chassis control strategy for four-wheel independent control electric vehicle. Kimura Atsuhid 25(2):4–10Google Scholar
- Hozairi B, Masroeri AK, Irawan MI (2014) Implementation of nondominated sorting genetic algorithm - II (NSGA-II) for multiobjective optimization problems on distribution of indonesian navy warship. J Theor Appl Inform Technol 64(1):174–281Google Scholar
- Jose CP, Meikandasivam S (2017) A review on the trends and developments in hybrid electric vehicles. innovative design and development practices in aerospace and automotive engineering. Springer, Singapore 211–229 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1771-1_25.
- Kang N, Kokkolaras M, Papalambros P (2014) Optimal Design of Commercial Vehicle Systems Using Analytical Target Cascading. Aiaa Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations 50(3):1103–1114Google Scholar
- Liu K, Luo W (2016) Design of the lines of underwater vehicles based on collaborative optimization. J Mar Sci Technol 21(4):1–6Google Scholar
- Liu SS, Gu ZQ, Wu WG, Mi CJ, Liang XB, Peng GP (2012) Multi-objective collaborative optimization of vehicle based on response surface methodology. J Cent South Univ 43(7):2586–2592Google Scholar
- Ljungberg M, Nybacka M, Gómez GG, Katzourakis D (2015) Electric power assist steering system parameterization and optimisation employing computer-aided engineering. SAE Tech Pap 1:1500–1510Google Scholar
- Vivas-Lopez CA, Tudon-Martinez JC, Hernandez-Alcantara D, Morales-Menendez R (2015) Global chassis control system using suspension, steering, and braking subsystems. Math Probl Eng 2015:1–18Google Scholar
- Wu X, Han H, Dai L, Zou L, Zhao F (2013) Vehicle Performance Objective Management in Automotive R&D. In: Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress, vol 195. Springer Berlin, Heidelberg, pp 45–50Google Scholar
- Zhao WZ, Wang CY, Sun PK (2011) Primary studies on integration optimization of differential steering of electric vehicle with motorized wheels based on quality engineering. Sci China Technol Sci 54(11):3047–3053Google Scholar
- Zhao WZ, Xu XH, Wang CY (2014) Multidiscipline collaborative optimization of differential steering system of electric vehicle with motorized wheels. Trans of Nanjing Univ of Aeronautics and Astronautics 55(1):99–103Google Scholar