Multivariate Bayesian cognitive modeling for unsupervised quality control of baked pizzas
The present article describes a Bayesian multivariate methodology developed for unsupervised quality control of pizzas based on RGB color attributes. A sensory experiment was done to define the readiness point ground truth. During the validation phase, different pizza samples were baked at a different temperature. The cheese and crust color patterns were statistically compared against the ground truth to check the readiness point. Results show that the proposed methodology presents a good performance demonstrating that color attributes can be used as an unsupervised quality control using traditional statistical methods.
KeywordsBayesian modeling Multivariate statistics Geometric color space locus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.de Aguiar, D.B.: Metodologia bayesiana para o controle de qualidade de pizzas (bayesian methodology for quality control of pizzas - undergraduate project-ufsc-ine-informatic and statistics department). Tech. rep., Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Duda R.O., Hart P.E., Stork D.G.: Patterns Classification, 2nd edn. Wiley, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Johnson R.A., Wichern D.W.: Multivariate Statistical Analysis. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Mahalanobis P.C.: On the Generalized Distance in Statistics, pp. 49–55. National Institute of Science, India (1936)Google Scholar
- 14.Montgomery D.C.: Introduction to Statistical Quality Control. Wiley, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.NIST: Engineering statistics handbook. Tech. rep., NIST-National Institute Of Standards (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.Russel S., Norvig P.: Artificial Inteligence. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2004)Google Scholar
- 19.Santos, B.S.: Determinação das condições térmicas de cocção e das propriedades termo-físicas da pizza (determination of thermal cooking and thermophysics properties of pizza). Master’s thesis, UFSC-Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (2009)Google Scholar
- 25.Yam, K.L., Papadakis, S.E.: A simple digital imaging method for measuring and analyzing color of food surfaces. J. Food Eng. 61(1):137–142 (2004). doi: 10.1016/S0260-8774(03)00195-X (applications of computer vision in the food industry)