A Graph-based Method to Remove Interferential Curve From Text Image
- 65 Downloads
A general algorithm for eliminating interferential curve in text image was proposed, which converted images into basic graph and super graph first, and then the interferential curve was treated as principal curve to be detected. In the detection, improved DFS algorithm, shortest path algorithm and orientation offset algorithm were used. Finally, the detected curve was removed from the original image, leaving only text in the image. Experiments conducted with a variety of text images showed that this algorithm is effective in removing interferential curve from text image.
KeywordsInterferential curve Principal curve Basic graph Super graph DFS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ahmed M.E., Mohamed A.I.(2001). A graph-based segmentation and feature extraction framework for Arabic text recognition. In: Proceedings, Sixth International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, pp. 622–626Google Scholar
- 2.Amano, A., Asada, N.: Graph grammar based analysis system of complex table form document. In: Proceedings, Seventh International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, pp. 916–920 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Bai, Z.L., Huo, Q.: A goal-oriented verification-based approach for target text line extraction from a document image captured by a pen scanner. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 2,23–26 August, pp. 574–577 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Habacha, A.: Structural recognition of disturbed symbols using discrete relaxation. In: 1st ICDAR, Saint Malo, France, September–October 1991 pp. 170–78 (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.Hiroki, T., Masayuki, N.: Region graph based text extraction from outdoor images. In: Proceedings, Third International Conference on Information Technology and Applications, vol. 1, pp. 680–685(2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Llados, J., Lopez-Krahe, J., Marti, E.: Hand drawn document understanding using the straight line Hough transform and graph matching. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 2,pp. 497–501 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Montes, M., Gelbukh, A., Lopez-Lopez, A., Baeza, R.: Text mining with conceptual graphs. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 2,pp. 898–903 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Reiher, E., Li, Y., Donne, V.D., Lalonde, M., Hayne, C., Zhu, C.: A system for efficient and robust map symbol recognition. In: Proceedings International Conference Pattern Recognition, vol. 3, August, pp. 783–787 (1996)Google Scholar