Synthesis and analgesic activity of monoterpenoid-derived alkyl-substituted chiral hexahydro-2H-chromenes
- 153 Downloads
A set of new 2-alkyl-substituted 4,7-dimethyl-3,4,4a,5,8,8a-hexahydro-2H-chromene-4,8-diols was obtained by reactions of monoterpenoid (1R,2R,6S)-3-methyl-6-(prop-1-en-2-yl)cyclohex-3-ene-1,2-diol with aliphatic aldehydes in the presence of montmorillonite clay K10. Synthesized compounds were evaluated for their analgesic activity in vivo using the acetic acid-induced writhing test and the hot-plate test. Five compounds showed a significant analgesic activity in the acetic acid-induced writhing test; two of them also demonstrated analgesic activity in the hot-plate test. These compounds seem to be most promising for further development.
KeywordsTerpene Chromene Heterocyclic compounds Analgesic activity Acetic acid-induced writhing test Hot-plate test
Authors are grateful to the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Grant No. 15-33-20198) for the financial support
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- Koster R, Anderson M, De Beer EJ (1959) Acetic acid for analgesic screening. Fed Proc 18:412–415Google Scholar
- Mikhalchenko OS, Volcho KP, Salakhutdinov NF (2013) Synthesis of heterocyclic compounds by interaction of aldehydes with monoterpenoids. New developments in aldehydes research. Nova Science Publishers, NewYork, NY, p 49–80Google Scholar
- Pavlova A, Mikhalchenko O, Rogachev A, Il’ina I, Korchagina D, Gatilov Y, Tolstikova T, Volcho K, Salakhutdinov N (2015) Synthesis and analgesic activity of stereoisomers of 2-(3(4)-hydroxy-4(3)-methoxyphenyl)-4,7-dimethyl-3,4,4a,5,8,8a-hexahydro-2H-chromene-4,8-diols. Med Chem Res 24:3821–3830CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Timofeeva MN, Volcho KP, Mikhalchenko OS, Panchenko VN, Krupskaya VV, Tsybulya SV, Gil A, Vicente MA, Salakhutdinov NF (2015) Synthesis of octahydro-2H-chromen-4-ol from vanillin and isopulegol over acid modified montmorillonite clays: effect of acidity on the Prins cyclization. J Mol Catal A Chem 398:26–34CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tolstikova TG, Pavlova AV, Morozova EA, Il’ina IV, Volcho KP, Salakhutdinov NF (2011) Application of 4,7-dimethyl-2-(prop-1-enyl)-3,4,4a,5,8,8a-heahydro-2H-chromen-4,8-diol as analgesic. Patent RU 2418578, 20 May 2011Google Scholar
- Torozova A, Mäki-Arvela P, Aho A, Kumar N, Smeds A, Peurla M, Sjöholm R, Heinmaa I, Korchagina DV, Volcho KP, Salakhutdinov NF, Murzin DYu (2015) Heterogeneous catalysis for transformation of biomass derived compounds beyond fuels: synthesis of monoterpenoid dioxinols with analgesic activity. J Mol Catal A Chem 397:48–55CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Volcho KP, Salakhutdinov NF, Barkhash VA (1999) A new way to accelerate reactions catalyzed by clays. Russ J Org Chem 35:1554–1555Google Scholar
- Volcho KP, Tatarova LE, Korchasgina DB, Salakhutdinov NF, Aul’chenko IS, Ione KG, Barkhash VA (1994) Cycloaddition of carbonyl compounds to olefins on aluminosilicate catalysts. Zh Org Khim 30:641–653Google Scholar