ON THE PARTITION APPROACH TO SCHUR-WEYL DUALITY AND FREE QUANTUM GROUPS
- 79 Downloads
We give a general definition of classical and quantum groups whose representation theory is “determined by partitions” and study their structure. This encompasses many examples of classical groups for which Schur-Weyl duality is described with diagram algebras as well as generalizations of P. Deligne's interpolated categories of representations. Our setting is inspired by many previous works on easy quantum groups and appears to be well suited to the study of free fusion semirings. We classify free fusion semirings and prove that they can always be realized through our construction, thus solving several open questions. This suggests a general decomposition result for free quantum groups which in turn gives information on the compact groups whose Schur-Weyl duality is implemented by partitions. The paper also contains an appendix by A. Chirvasitu proving simplicity results for the reduced C*-algebras of some free quantum groups.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Daws, P. Fima, A. Skalski, S. White, The Haagerup property for locally compact quantum groups, J. Reine Angew. Math., to appear, arXiv:1303.3261 (2013).Google Scholar
- P. Deligne, La catégorie des représentations du groupe symétrique S t , quand t n’est pas un entier naturel, in: Algebraic Groups and Homogeneous Spaces, Tata Inst. Fund. Res. Stud. Math., Vol. 19, Narosa, New Delhi, 2007, pp. 209–273.Google Scholar
- A. Freslon, M. Weber, On the representation theory of partition (easy) quantum groups, J. Reine Angew. Math., to appear, arXiv:1308.6390 (2013).Google Scholar
- P. Glockner, W. Von Waldenfels, The relations of the noncommutative coefficient algebra of the unitary group, in Quantum Probability and Applications IV, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 1396, Springer, Berlin, 1989, pp. 182–220.Google Scholar
- V. F. R. Jones, The Potts model and the symmetric group, in: Subfactors: Proceedings of the Taniguchi Symposium on Operator Algebras (Kyuzeso, 1993), World Sci. Publ., River Edge, NJ, 1994, pp. 259–267.Google Scholar
- F. Lemeux, P. Tarrago, Free wreath product quantum groups: the monoidal category, approximation properties and free probability, preprint, arXiv:1411.4124 (2014).Google Scholar
- S. Neshveyev, L. Tuset, Compact Quantum Groups and their Representation Categories, Cours Spécialisés, SMF, 2013.Google Scholar
- A. Nica, R. Speicher, Lectures on the Combinatorics of Free Probability, London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Vol. 335, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2006.Google Scholar
- P. Tarrago, M. Weber, The classification of tensor categories of two-colored non-crossing partitions, preprint, arXiv:1509.00988 (2015).Google Scholar
- S. L. Woronowicz, Tannaka-Krein duality for compact matrix pseudogroups. Twisted SU(N) groups, Invent. Math. 93 (1988), no. 1, 35–76.Google Scholar