Equivariant cohomology for Hamiltonian torus actions on symplectic orbifolds
- 155 Downloads
We study Hamiltonian R-actions on symplectic orbifolds [M/S], where R and S are tori. We prove an injectivity theorem and generalize Tolman and Weitsman’s proof of the GKM theorem [TW] in this setting. The main example is the symplectic reduction X//S of a Hamiltonian T-manifold X by a subtorus S ⊂ T. This includes the class of symplectic toric orbifolds. We define the equivariant Chen–Ruan cohomology ring and use the above results to establish a combinatorial method of computing this equivariant Chen–Ruan cohomology in terms of orbifold fixed point data.
KeywordsEQUIVARIANT Cohomology Euler Class Weighted Projective Space Symplectic Reduction Orbifold Cohomology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Br]M. Brion, Piecewise polynomial functions, convex polytopes and enumerative geometry, in: Parameter Spaces (Warsaw, 1994), Banach Center Publ. 36, Polish Acad. Sci., Warsaw, 1996, pp. 25–44.Google Scholar
- [HT]T. Holm, S. Tolman, Integral Kirwan surjectivity for Hamiltonian T-manifolds, in preparation.Google Scholar
- [J]P. Johnson, Equivariant Gromov–Witten theory of one-dimensional stacks, Ph.D. thesis at the University of Michigan, 2009.Google Scholar
- [LMM]S. Luo, T. Matsumura, F. Moore, Moment angle complexes and big Cohen–Macaulayness, arXiv:1205.1566.Google Scholar
- [P]T. Panov, Cohomology of face rings, and torus actions, in: Surveys in Contemporary Mathematics, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser., Vol. 347, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2008, pp. 165–201.Google Scholar
- [TW]S. Tolman, J. Weitsman, On the cohomology rings of Hamiltonian T-spaces, in: Northern California Symplectic Geometry Seminar, Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. Ser. 2, Vol. 196, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1999. pp. 251–258.Google Scholar