Approximation of solutions of fractional diffusions in compact metric measure spaces
- 70 Downloads
In this note we prove that the solutions to diffusions associated with fractional powers of the Laplacian in compact metric measure spaces can be obtained as limits of the solutions to particular rescalings of some non-local diffusions with integrable kernels. The abstract approach considered here has several particular and interesting instances. As an illustration of our results, we present the case of dyadic metric measure spaces where the existence of solutions was already been proven in Actis and Aimar (Fract Calc Appl Anal 18(3):762–788, 2015).
KeywordsNon-local diffusions Fractional laplacian Metric measure spaces
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary: 35R11 35K90 45N05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Marcelo Actis, Marilina Carena, and Morin Pedro, Nonlocal diffusions on fractals. qualitative properties and numerical approximations, J. Preprints del IMAL (2015), http://www.imal.santafe-conicet.gov.ar/publicaciones/preprints/2015-0027.
- 5.Fuensanta Andreu-Vaillo, José M. Mazón, Julio D. Rossi, and J. Julián Toledo-Melero, Nonlocal diffusion problems, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, vol. 165, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2010. MR 2722295 (2011i:35002)Google Scholar
- 6.Catherine Bandle, Maria del Mar Gonzalez, Marco A. Fontelos, and Noemi Wolanski, A nonlocal diffusion problem on manifolds, (2015), Preprint (2015), arXiv:1510.09190.
- 12.Patricio Felmer and Erwin Topp, Uniform Equicontinuity for a Family of Zero Order Operators Approaching the Fractional Laplacian, Comm. Partial Differential Equations 40 (2015), no. 9, 1591–1618. MR 3359158.Google Scholar
- 14.Umberto Mosco, Variational fractals, Ann. Scuola Norm. Sup. Pisa Cl. Sci. (4) 25 (1997), no. 3-4, 683–712 (1998), Dedicated to Ennio De Giorgi. MR 1655537 (99m:28023)Google Scholar
- 15.bal Rodríguez-Bernal and Silvia Sastre-Gómez, Linear nonlocal diffusion problems in metric measure spaces, (2014), Preprint (2014), arXiv:1412.5438.