Ẑ invariants at rational τ
- 37 Downloads
Ẑ invariants of 3-manifolds were introduced as series in q = e2πiτ in order to categorify Witten-Reshetikhin-Turaev invariants corresponding to τ = 1/k. However modularity properties suggest that all roots of unity are on the same footing. The main result of this paper is the expression connecting Reshetikhin-Turaev invariants with Ẑ invariants for τ ∈ ℚ. We present the reasoning leading to this conjecture and test it on various 3-manifolds.
KeywordsChern-Simons Theories Quantum Groups Supersymmetric Gauge Theory Topological Field Theories
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- R. Lawrence and D. Zagier, Modular forms and quantum invariants of 3-manifolds, Asian J. Math. 3 (1999) 93.Google Scholar
- K. Hikami, On the quantum invariant for the Brieskorn homology spheres, Int. J. Math. 16 (2005) 661 [math-ph/0405028].
- K. Hikami, Quantum invariant, modular form, and lattice points, IMRN 3 (2005) 121 [math-ph/0409016].
- K. Hikami, On the quantum invariant for the spherical Seifert manifold, Commun. Math. Phys. 268 (2006) 285 [math-ph/0504082].
- K. Hikami, Mock (false) theta functions as quantum invariants, Regul. Chaotic Dyn. 10 (2005) 509 [math-ph/0506073].
- K. Hikami, Quantum invariants, modular forms, and lattice points II, J. Math. Phys. 47 (2006)102301 [math-ph/0604091].
- K. Hikami, Decomposition of Witten-Reshetikhin-Turaev invariant: linking pairing and modular forms, in Chern-Simons gauge theory: 20 years after, J.E. Andersen et al. eds., AMS/IP Studies in Advanced Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, U.S.A. (2011).Google Scholar
- E. Witten, Quantum field theory and the Jones polynomial, Commun. Math. Phys. 121 (1989)351.Google Scholar
- N. Reshetikhin and V.G. Turaev, Invariants of 3-manifolds via link polynomials and quantum groups, Invent. Math. 103 (1991) 547.Google Scholar
- R. Lawrence and L. Rozansky, Witten-Reshetikhin-Turaev invariants of Seifert manifolds, Commun. Math. Phys. 205 (1999) 287.Google Scholar
- V.G. Turaev, Quantum invariants of knots and 3-manifolds, De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics volume 18, De Gruyter, Berlin, Germany (1994).Google Scholar
- K. Hikami, Quantum invariant for torus link and modular forms, Commun. Math. Phys. 246 (2004) 403 [math-ph/0305039].