A few more comments on secularly growing loop corrections in strong electric fields
- 152 Downloads
We extend the observations of our previous paper JHEP 09 (2014) 071 [arXiv:1405.5285]. In particular, we show that the secular growth of the loop corrections to the two-point correlation functions is gauge independent: we observe the same growth in the case of the static gauge for the constant background electric field. Furthermore we solve the kinetic equation describing photon production from the background fields, which was derived in our previous paper and allows one to sum up leading secularly growing corrections from all loops. Finally, we show that in the constant electric field background the one-loop correction to the current of the produced pairs is not zero: it also grows with time and violates time translational and reversal invariance of QED on the constant electric field background.
KeywordsNonperturbative Effects Renormalization Group Anomalies in Field and String Theories
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- D.M. Gitman and S.P. Gavrilov, Quantum Processes In A Strong Electromagnetic Field. Creating Pairs. 3 (In Russian), Izv. Vuz. Fiz. 1 (1977) 94.Google Scholar
- Yu.Y. Volfengaut, S.P. Gavrilov, D.M. Gitman and S.M. Shvartsman, Radiative Processes in External Electromagnetic Field Generating Pairs (in Russian), Yad. Fiz. 33 (1981) 743 [INSPIRE].
- A.A. Grib, S.G. Mamaev and V.M. Mostepanenko, Quantum effects in strong external fields, Atomizdat, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- A.A. Grib, S.G. Mamaev and V.M. Mostepanenko, Vacuum quantum effects in strong fields, St. Petersburg: Friedmann Laboratory, (1994).Google Scholar
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Physical kinetics, Vol. 10, Pergamon Press, Oxford U.K. (1975).Google Scholar
- A. Kamenev, Many-body theory of non-equilibrium systems, [cond-mat/0412296].
- V.P. Barashev, A.E. Shabad and S.M. Shvartsman, Polarization Operator in Quantum Electrodynamics With Pair Creating External Field, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 43 (1986) 617 [Yad. Fiz. 43 (1986) 964]. [INSPIRE].
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits use, duplication, adaptation, distribution, and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.