Near-horizon extremal geometries: coadjoint orbits and quantization
The NHEG algebra is an extension of Virasoro introduced in [arXiv:1503.07861]; it describes the symplectic symmetries of (n + 4)-dimensional Near Horizon Extremal Geometries with SL(2, ℝ) × U(1)n+ 1 isometry. In this work we construct the NHEG group and classify the (coadjoint) orbits of its action on phase space. As we show, the group consists of maps from an n-torus to the Virasoro group, so its orbits are bundles of standard Virasoro coadjoint orbits over T n. We also describe the unitary representations that are expected to follow from the quantization of these orbits, and display their characters. Along the way we show that the NHEG algebra can be built from u(1) currents using a twisted Sugawara construction.
KeywordsBlack Holes Conformal and W Symmetry Space-Time Symmetries AdSCFT Correspondence
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- H. Bondi, M.G.J. van der Burg and A.W.K. Metzner, Gravitational waves in general relativity. 7. Waves from axisymmetric isolated systems, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 269 (1962) 21 [INSPIRE].
- R.K. Sachs, Gravitational waves in general relativity. 8. Waves in asymptotically flat space-times, Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond. A 270 (1962) 103 [INSPIRE].
- M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, Residual diffeomorphisms and symplectic hair on black holes, seminar presented at the Recent developments in symmetries and (super)gravity theories, June 13-15, Istanbul, Turkey (2016).Google Scholar
- C. Crnkovic and E. Witten, Covariant description of canonical formalism in geometrical theories, in Three hundred years of gravitation, S.W. Hawking et al. eds., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge U.KJ. (1989).Google Scholar
- A. Ashtekar, L. Bombelli and O. Reula, The covariant phase space of asymptotically flat gravitational fields, PRINT-90-0318 (1990).Google Scholar
- L. Guieu and C. Roger, L’algèbre et le groupe de Virasoro, Publications du CRM, Université de Montréal, Montréal Canada (2007).Google Scholar
- K. Hajian, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari and H. Yavartanoo, work in progress.Google Scholar