Study of taupair production at HERA
- 404 Downloads
A study of events containing two tau leptons with high transverse momentum has been performed with the ZEUS detector at HERA, using a data sample corresponding to an integrated luminosity of 0.33 fb−1. The tau candidates were identified from their decays into electrons, muons or hadronic jets. The number of tau-pair candidates has been compared with the prediction from the Standard Model, where the largest contribution is expected from Bethe-Heitler processes. The total visible cross section was extracted. Standard Model expectations agree well with the measured distributions, also at high invariant mass of the tau pair.
- ZEUS collaboration, U. Holm ed., The ZEUS detector, status report, unpublished, available on http://www-zeus.desy.de/bluebook/bluebook.html, DESY, Germany (1993).
- ZEUS Luminosity Monitor Group collaboration, J. Andruszków et al., First measurement of HERA luminosity by ZEUS lumi monitor, preprint DESY-92-066, DESY, Germay (1992) [SPIRES].
- H. Spiesberger, Heracles and Djangoh : event generation for ep interactions at HERA including radiative processes, available on http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/∼hspiesb/djangoh/djangoh.html, Mainz Germany (1998).
- J. Maeda, Study on τ-lepton pair production in e ± p collisions at HERA , Ph.D. Thesis, unpublished, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo Japan (2009).Google Scholar
- R. Shehzadi, Measurement of beauty production in deep inelastic scattering at HERA, Ph.D. thesis, Report BONN-IR-11-01, University of Bonn, Bonn Germany (2011).Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.