The Analysis of Human Operant Behavior: A Brief Census of the Literature: 1958–1981
- 3 Downloads
A census involving several major journals was conducted to survey the content and scope of the experimental analysis of human behavior. While the percentage of reports involving human subjects published each year in JEAB has lacked consistency, it was shown that JEAB has been the primary outlet for human work among the journals surveyed. Few areas of interest within the study of human behavior have received extensive scrutiny. The normal adult (typically undergraduate students) has been the preferred subject for human research. The results of a citation analysis of JEAB reports featuring human research are also presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buskist, W. F., & Miller, H. L. The study of human operant behavior, 1958–1981: A topical bibliography. The Psychological Record, 1982, 32, 249–268.Google Scholar
- Catania, A. C., & Brigham, T. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Applied Behavior Analysis: Social and Instructional Processes. New York: Irvington Publishers, 1978.Google Scholar
- Craighead, W. E., Kazdin, A. E., & Mahoney, M. J. Behavior Modification: Principles, Issues, and Applications, 2nd ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1981.Google Scholar
- Hersen, M., & Barlow, D. H. Single Case Experimental Designs: Strategies for Studying Behavior Change. New York: Pergamon Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B. F. The Behavior of Organisms: An Experimental Analysis. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1938.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B. F. Science and Human Behavior. New York: Macmillan, 1953.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B. F. Beyond Freedom and Dignity. New York: Knopf, 1971.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B. F. About Behaviorism. New York: Knopf, 1974.Google Scholar
- Skinner, B. F. Reflections on Behaviorism and Society. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1978.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, R., Stachnik, T., & Mabrey, J. (Eds.), Control of Human Behavior. Vol. 1: Expanding the Behavioral Laboratory. Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman, 1966.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, R., Stachnik, T., & Mabrey, J. (Eds.), Control of Human Behavior. Vol. 2: From Cure to Prevention. Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman, 1970.Google Scholar
- Ulrich, R., Stachnik, T., & Mabrey, J. (Eds.), Control of Human Behavior. Vol. 3: Behavior Modification in Education. Glenview, IL: Scott, Foresman, 1974.Google Scholar