The cupric chloride hydrometallurgical process for copper recovery from scrap
- 20 Downloads
Process variables, including impurity control, are described for a promising scrap reclamation technique.
KeywordsShape Memory Effect Electrolysis Cell Leach Solution Copper Recovery Cupric Chloride
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anon., “Confrontation in Copper,” Eng. Min. J., 174, no. 4, D-I, April 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.Price, F. C., “Copper Technology on the Move”, Eng. Min. J./Chem. Eng., Special Issue, 104, no. 4, RR-HHH, April, 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Paynter, J. S., “A Review of Copper Hydrometallurgy,”. J. S. Afr. Inst. Min. and Metall., November, 158–170 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.Haver, F. P., and Wong, M. M., “Recovering Elemental Sulfur from Nonferrous Minerals,” U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Mines Report of Investigations 7474 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.Chambers, W. L., et al., “Electrolytic Copper Producing Process,” U.S. patent No. 3,692,647, September 19, 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.Hoepfner, C., “Electrolytic Production of Metals,” U.S. patent No. 507,130, October 24, 1893.Google Scholar
- 7.Thompson, M. D., Theoretical and Applied Electrochemistry, Macmillan, New York, 225–226 (1925).Google Scholar
- 9.Creighton, J. A., and Lippincott, E. R., “Raman Spectra and Solvent-extractions of Cuprous Halides,” J. Chem. Soc., 5134–5136 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.Cotton, F. A., and Wilkinson, G., “Advanced Inorganic Chemistry”, Interscience, John Wiley, 2nd ed., 894–907 (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.Hoepfner, C., “Leaching and Extraction of Metals from their Ores,” U.S. patent No. 704,639, July 15, 1902.Google Scholar
- 12.Habashi, F., Principles of Extractive Metallurgy, Vol. 2, Gordon and Breach, New York, 205–207 (1970).Google Scholar
- 13.Britton, H. T. S., Hydrogen Ions, Vol. 2, 4th ed., Chapman, London, 102 (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.Bard, A. J., Chemical Equilibrium, Harper and Row, New York, 63–69 (1966).Google Scholar
- 15.Sillén, L. G., and Martell, A. E., Stability Constants of Metal-Ion Complexes, The Chemical Society, Sp. Publ. No. 17, 2nd ed., 207–210 (1964).Google Scholar
- 16.Evans, D.J. I., Romanchuk, S., and Mackiw, V. N., “Treatment of Copper-Zinc Concentrates by Pressure Hydro-metallurgy,” Can. Min. Metall. Bull., 57, 857–866 (1964).Google Scholar
© The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society 1976