This article is based on a public lecture hosted by the Monash University Centre for Human Bioethics in Melbourne, Australia on 11 April 2013. The lecture recording was transcribed by Vicky Ryan; and, the original transcript has been edited — for clarity and brevity — by Vicky Ryan, Michael Selgelid and Jonathan Moreno.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.For a more thorough treatment see Jonathan D. Moreno, Mind Wars: Brain Science and the Military in the 21st Century, New York: Bellevue Literary Press, 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.‘Enhancing Human Performance: Issues Theories, and Techniques,’ Committee on Techniques for the Enhancement of Human Performance, The National Research Council, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.See PLOS Biology, Reconstructing Speech from the Human Auditory Cortex, Pasley et al, http://www.plosbiology.Org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pbio.1001251Google Scholar
- 5.A Remote Controlled Rat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= G-jTkqHSWig (Accessed: 18 September 2013).Google Scholar
- 6.See for example John Hopkins — Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences http://www. hopkinsmedicine.org/psychiatry/specialty_areas/brain_stimulation/tdcs.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 7.Jonathan D. Moreno, ‘Robot Soldiers Will Be a Reality — and a Threat,’ Wall Street Journal, May 12, 2012, A15Google Scholar
- 8.The report is called the Emerging Cognitive Neuroscience and Related Technologies published by National Academies Press.Google Scholar