Subgroup separable free products with cyclic amalgamation
Using topological methods we give a proof that the free product of two strict subgroup separable groups with infinite cyclic amalgamation is subgroup separable.
1991 Mathematics subject classification57M07 20E07 57M10
KeywordsSubgroup separability Free products with amalgamation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allenby, R. B. J. T. and Tang. C. Y., ‘Subgroup separability of generalized free products of free-by-finite groups’, Canad. Math. Bull., to appear.Google Scholar
- Gitik, R., ‘Graphs and LERF Groups’, preprint, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.Google Scholar
- Malćev, A. I., ‘On homomorphisms onto finite groups’. Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. (2) 119 (1983), 67–79.Google Scholar
- Niblo, G. A., ‘Fuchsian groups are strongly subgroup separable’, preprint, University of Sussex, 1989.Google Scholar
- Philpot, R. B., ‘Extensions of potent groups’, preprint (1983), Univ. of Melbourne.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel 1995