Morphological and molecular characterization of twoG. somalense monosomic alien addition lines (MAALs)
- 32 Downloads
TwoG. somalense monosomic alien addition lines were identified from the derived backcross progenies of allohexaploid betweenG. hirsutum andG. somalense through cytological and morphological observation. Furthermore, the alien addition chromosome was identified and distinguished by RAPD analysis. A total of 160 RAPD primers were used for PCR amplification. Primer SBSG11 could produce a specific molecular marker (600 bp) for monosomic alien addition line I (MAAL I). Primer SBSC03 could produce a specific molecular marker (700 bp) for monosomic alien addition line II(MAAL II). SBSE07 and SBSE08 could respectively produce common molecular marker for monosomic alien addition lines I and II.G. somalense alien addition lines could be important for cotton improvement.
KeywordsG. hirsutum G. somalense MALLs morphology cytology RAPD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Knight, R. L., D. Sc (Lond), The distribution of wild species ofGossypium in the Sudan, Cotton Grow Rev., 1949, 26: 278–285.Google Scholar
- 2.Saunders, J. H., The wild species ofGossypium II, the C and E genomes, Cotton Grow Rev., 1959, 36: 166–178.Google Scholar
- 5.Xiang, S. K., Yang, W. H., Studies on gossypol and its enantiomers in the seeds of cottonGossypium, Scientia Agricultural Sinica (in Chinese), 1993, 26(6): 31–35.Google Scholar
- 6.He Jianxing, Jiang Ruqin, Zhang Xinxue, The cytogenetics and fiber ptoperties of an allohexaploid betweenG. hirsutum andG. somalense, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2000, 45(16): 1742–1747.Google Scholar
- 7.Rooney, W. L., Stelly, D. M., Identification of fourGossypium sturianum monosomic alien addition derivatives from a backcrossing program withG. hirsutum, Crop Sci., 1991, 31: 337–341.Google Scholar
- 10.Liang Zhenglan, Jiang Ruqin, Zhao Guozhong et al., Studies on the trispecific hybrid (Gossypium barbadense-G. thurberi-G. hirsutum) and new variety breeding, Acta agronomica Sinica (in Chinese), 1996, 22(6): 673–680.Google Scholar