Electrochemical reduction of Cu(II)-CyDTA complex at dropping mercury electrode. An impedance approach
- 10 Downloads
The electrochemical reduction of Cu(II)-CyDTA (CyDTA — trans 1,2-cyclohexanediamine N, N, N′, N′ tetraacetic acid) by impedance method reveals the unusual behaviour of complex plane polarograms owing to potential dependence of double layer capacitance. The impedance plane plots by frequency variation method indicates the quasi-reversible nature of the system. From these plots the chargetransfer resistance at various potentials was evaluated. The standard rate constant was evaluated which complements the prediction of impedance plots for the quasireversible behaviour of the system.
KeywordsElectrochemical reduction Cu-CyDTA system impedance method complex plane polarography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhat G A 1976aJ. Electrochem. Soc. India 25 127Google Scholar
- Bhat G A and Subrahmanya R S 1978 (Submitted)Google Scholar
- Matsuda K, Takahashi K and Tamamushi R 1970Sci. Papers ICPR. Jpn.64 62Google Scholar
- Sluyters-Rehbach M and Sluyters J H 1970Electroanalytical chemistry ed. A J Bard, (Dekker Pub. Vol. 4. Ch. 1Google Scholar
- Randles J E B 1947Disc. Faraday Soc. 1 11Google Scholar
- Schwarzenbach G and Ackermann H 1949Helv. Chim. Acta 32 682Google Scholar
- Sluyter J H 1978 personal communicationGoogle Scholar
- Smith D E 1966Electroanalytical Chemistry ed. A J Bard (Dekker Pub).Google Scholar