Preparation and structure of some Ln2MoO5 oxides
- 34 Downloads
Ln2MoO5 oxides where Ln=La, Pr, Nd, Sm, Gd, Tb, Dy, Ho and Y have been prepared by hydrogen-reduction of the corresponding Ln2MoO6 at 800–900°C. The lighter Ln2MoO5 oxides (Ln=La, Pr and Nd) crystallize in a monoclinic Yb2ReO5 structure, while the heavier ones along with the yttrium compound are formed in an anion-deficient fluorite type structure. The latter on annealing at 1200° C in vacuum also transform to the Yb2ReO5 structure type.
KeywordsLn2MoO5 oxides preparation and structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bertaut E F and Guillen M 1966Bull. Soc. France Ceram. 72 57Google Scholar
- Collongues R, Queyroux F, Perez Y Jorba M and Gilles J C 1965Bull. Soc. Chim. France. 1141Google Scholar
- Czeskleba H and Tourne G 1976Bull. Soc. Chim. France 729Google Scholar
- Eyring L and Tai L T 1976Treatise on solid state chemistry ed. N B Hannay (New York: Plenum Press) Vol. 3 p. 223Google Scholar
- Hubert P H 1974Bull. Soc. Chim. France 2385Google Scholar
- Hubert P H 1975Bull. Soc. Chim. France 2463Google Scholar
- Perez Y Jorba M, Queyroux F and Collongues R 1961C R Acad. Sci. Paris. 253 670Google Scholar