Trace element nutrition of the silkwormBombyx mori L.
- 22 Downloads
Trace elements zinc, copper, manganese, molybdenum and cobalt have been shown to have varying effects on growth and trace element composition of the silkworm. Results indicate the important role of manganese in the normal metabolism of the insect. Cobalt has been shown to exert a very favourable effect on growth and silk yield.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adiga, P. R., Sivarama Sastry, K., Venkatasubramanyam, V. and Sarma, P. S. “Interrelationships in trace element metabolism in metal toxicities inCorcyra cephalonica,”Proc. Soc. Exptl. Biol. Med., 1962,109, 151–53.Google Scholar
- Akutsu, I... “Manganese content in the silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,”Res. Rep. Eng. Text. Seric. (Shinshu Univ.), 1954,4, 85–86.Google Scholar
- —————.. “Zinc content of silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,” Ibid., 1955,5, 142–43.Google Scholar
- —————.. “Iron content of silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,” Ibid., 1956,6, 153–55.Google Scholar
- Arnaudo, M... “Effect of cobalt on the life-cycle of the silkworm,”Atti. Soc. Ital. Sci. Vet., 1954,8, 279–82.Google Scholar
- Arsenev, A. F... “Calcium in silk formation,”Trudy Moskov Vet. Akad., 1957, 1957,21, 204–14.Google Scholar
- Flaschka, H. A...EDTA Titrations, 1959, Pergamon Press, London.Google Scholar
- Iwanari, Y... “Copper in the silkwormBombyx mori—I,”J. Seric. Sci. Jap., 1955,24, 359–63.Google Scholar
- —————.. “Copper in the silkwormBombyx mori—IV,”Nippon Sanshigaku Zasshi, 1958,27, 413–14.Google Scholar
- Kichina, M. M... “Effect of cobalt on some protein indexes and on lipid metabolism in rabbits,”Trudy Moskov Vet. Akad., 1960,30, 169–70.Google Scholar
- Owen, E. C... “Biochemical aspects ofdiseases of livestock with particular reference to enzyme systems,”Veterinary Record, 1957,71, 1114–27.Google Scholar
- Robinson, H. W. and Hogden, C. G. “The biuret reaction in the determination of serum proteins,”J. Biol. Chem., 1940,135, 707–25.Google Scholar
- Sandell, E. B...Colorimetric Determination of Traces of Metals, Interset. Pub. Inc., N.Y, 1944.Google Scholar
- Sivarama Sastry, K., Radhakrishnamurthy, R. and Sarma, P. S. “Studies on zinc toxicity in the larvae of rice mothCorcyra cephalonica,”Biochem. J., 1958,69, 425–28.Google Scholar
- -- Adiga, P. R., Venkatasubramanyam, V. and Sarma, P. S. “Metabolic interrelationships of Cobalt, Nickel and Zinc in metal toxixity studies withN. crassa, A. niger andCorcyra cephalonica,” Paper presented at the V Intern. Congress on Nutrition, Washington, D.C., 1960.Google Scholar
- Snell, F. D. and Snell, C. T...Colorimetric Methods of Analysis, Van Nostrand Co., Inc., N.Y., 1959,2.Google Scholar
- Underwood, E. J...Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition, Academic Press, N.Y., 1956.Google Scholar